Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wow when's the last time the team that won the Nat didn't make the tournament

Reaction Score
Wow when's the last time the team that won the Nat didn't make the tournament
2008--Florida missed after winning back to back.

What do I win?

(Also, Ohio State missed it in 2008 as well, and they were runners-up).

Reaction Score
Uk will will be insanely deep next year

But they may have to reneg on some scholarships if too many players come back. They have like 7 HS All American players coming in... and hoping for 1-2 more. Doesn't seem possible.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
But they may have to reneg on some scholarships if too many players come back. They have like 7 HS All American players coming in... and hoping for 1-2 more. Doesn't seem possible.
Pretty soon these HS kids are going to wake up and ignore the lure od UK and Cal. I dont care if "their best" player got hurt. With all those HS all americans you should make the dance-just like Duke - it recruits itself. Coach K and his flunky assts couldn't talk me into going there. Its the school and its rep. Coach K didn't build it, he lucked out with a few All American home kids and it snowballed- kinda like Geno

Reaction Score
I agree, but but Geno could coach them into 7 National Championships. Coach K has had probably 50 HS All Americans.

Reaction Score
It was almost us last year

True but UConn had like the 3rd-5th toughest schedule last year... Yes, they underachieved. Too many young players & a Big Negative in Oriakhi....

Reaction Score
Spare me dude. They won a national championship last year. They'll win more. Get over it.

Reaction Score
Uk will will be insanely deep next year
But will it be a good thing? First off, they're going to lose some players. You just know some of them will enter the draft.

If most of the players come back and all these recruits show up at UK do you think all these All Americans are going to be happy not playing a lot? I can't wait to see the chemistry issues. If Calipari can soothe everyone's feelings and get them to play as a team I will certainly give him props. It's going to be a tough job.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I agree. I think last year was an aberration where the chemistry and skill sets of the super freshmen melded and he also had recruits who were high energy types and hustle always translates. He also had returning players with experience and skills sets that complemented the freshman (superior shooter in DLamb etc).
It seems much more likely that he will have successful teams that don't have enough to make the final four....at least that is what I hope until his cheating ways with WWW are discovered and he heads out of town.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree, but but Geno could coach them into 7 National Championships. Coach K has had probably 50 HS All Americans.
There wasnt much comp in the ladies game-in the past 3 yrs it has escalated- how many has he won lately?

Reaction Score
Going to be plenty of players upset with PT next year at Kentucky. Going to be a very interesting season for them.

Reaction Score
I thought for sure UK would be in. I figured Calipari paid off the selection committee weeks ago.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Spare me dude. They won a national championship last year. They'll win more. Get over it.

Talent doesn't equal championships if you can't play together. Who provides the leadership when you have nothing but freshman. If they don't get Wiggins they won't win next year either.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Pretty soon these HS kids are going to wake up and ignore the lure od UK and Cal. I dont care if "their best" player got hurt. With all those HS all americans you should make the dance-just like Duke - it recruits itself. Coach K and his flunky assts couldn't talk me into going there. Its the school and its rep. Coach K didn't build it, he lucked out with a few All American home kids and it snowballed- kinda like Geno
You are saying that the most successful WCBB coach lucked into his success? Just like his former players lucked into playing in the pros (UCONN has the most and best players in the pros both in the WNBA and abroad), and he lucked into being chosen as the Olympic coach as well? Come on, man. I get if you don't care for the UCONN women, but that's just wrong...

Reaction Score
Talent doesn't equal championships if you can't play together. Who provides the leadership when you have nothing but freshman. If they don't get Wiggins they won't win next year either.
If they get Wiggins I'm not sure where they will get 7 scholarships from.

Reaction Score

You don't really believe coach K lucked into everything do you?

Reaction Score
there is no "if" the players come back, Noel, Goodwin, Cauley-Stein, and Poythress are all gone. Harrow will be more than likely be back but he's not that good anyway and is the downside of going to UK if you can't leave after a year(he's a transfer but same rule applies). If he stays he's basically gonna be Willie Kemp 2.0, just like Kemp was once a highly regarded recruit who ended up getting jumped over by D Rose and T Evans. Wiltjer will probably also be back but I can see him losing time since his D is so bad. UK will be loaded and even moreso if they get Wiggins and/or Randle, but I still want to see how they all co-exist with the Harrison twins. I saw them in person in an All Star setting over the summer and it seems like they're only used to playing with each other.

Reaction Score
I thought for sure UK would be in. I figured Calipari paid off the selection committee weeks ago.

His raises went to pay the recruits. He didn't figure he'd need to also pay the selection committee. I guess he'll need a bigger raise next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom