Kentucky v Richmond | The Boneyard

Kentucky v Richmond

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought our guards were bad defensively in the first two games, but wholly smokes is Kentucky's perimeter defense terrible. It honestly looks like some Kentucky guards are playing zone and some are playing man to man.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Kentucky is getting away with murder with the refs. Kentucky is grabbing arms on every single rebound and nothing is getting called.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This may be the worst Kentucky team in some time. They aren’t very deep and they’re extraordinarily young, even for their standards.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is getting away with murder with the refs. Kentucky is grabbing arms on every single rebound and nothing is getting called.

Richmond handling them without calls. Richmond is a nice team 2 very quick guards that create havoc on both ends despite their size. Two big men who take up space, can pass off the high post and handle the ball, still able to guard a bit too. Cayo is a nice 4 tough on both ends and the #3 Burton or something a tough 3/4. Good team well coached.

Terence Clarke talented but a punk talked crap in 3s face after making a couple plays one time after the play then as they crossed to go to the bench for a time out. Don’t like him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This may be the worst Kentucky team in some time. They aren’t very deep and they’re extraordinarily young, even for their standards.

There is no defender within 5-6 feet on any of the Richmond 3 pointers in the last 10 minutes. Defensively Kentucky looks like a team in the second half of a 40 and over men's league game, not a high level D1 program. These guys shouldn't need practice to hustle. It's not like Richmond is even that great. Their guards are quick, but really small.

And Kentucky is getting any call they want.

Reaction Score
Wow. Evansville was a upset, but Richmond straight up looks like the better team. Up by 16

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I feel like Kentucky always tends to have a slow start with all the roster turnover year in, year out. However, I thought Ricchamond was good, moved the ball well and made their shots the second half. By Kentucky standards, not sure if the talent is there , but time will tell.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Really enjoyed watching this game. Richmond is very good, Kentucky is way overrated/pretty bad right now.

I can't get over how terrible Kentucky is defensively. Cayo's dunk was off a 30 foot pass to him standing 10 feet from the basket by himself. How is he that open? I get leaving the weakside open, but Cayo was strongside.

Kentucky looks helpless on D.

Reaction Score
Clarke just got a talking to for talking crap by the refs he definitely has issues. Down 14 with 30 seconds left and still acting like that?

Love this loss for Cal. If they didn’t have Sarr from Wake Forest they would’ve lost by 20 easily. He played an excellent first half.

Reaction Score
Clarke just got a talking to for talking crap by the refs he definitely has issues. Down 14 with 30 seconds left and still acting like that?

Love this loss for Cal. If they didn’t have Sarr from Wake Forest they would’ve lost by 20 easily. He played an excellent first half.

Clarke definitely just shot to the top of the list. Product of the system, he's been coddled to for four + years. Love watching the Squid squirm.

Reaction Score
Richmond has always had a crisp, well-disciplined offense, but their defense has always been their achilles' heal.

Mooney's switch a man D two seasons ago has been his job saver and it has totally changed the complexion of the Spiders. It allows some of their better defensive players like velociraptor Jacob Gilyard to make life completely miserable for the opponent's top backcourt player.

Great for the A-10 for big wins against LSU and Kentucky.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Calipari must know his team has issues because he was surprisingly calm. Most middle school AAU coaches would blow gaskets if their team was that terrible defensively.

Reaction Score
Proud Richmond grad. They played an awesome game and absolutely disassembled Kentucky in the second half. Very experienced team - 4 of 5 starters are seniors, with two of them being 5th year seniors - that knows how to play together. Wildest thing to me about the team: probably one of the shortest backcourts in the country, but also probably a top 5 defensive backcourt in the country.

Will be a force this season - have a match up in two weeks against West Virginia as well

Reaction Score
Calipari must know his team has issues because he was surprisingly calm. Most middle school AAU coaches would blow gaskets if their team was that terrible defensively.
He knows his team isn't good and was definitely expecting this loss. His press conference after the last game he basically blamed the fans for complaining about weak schedules and said they'll get their wish this year when Kentucky plays good teams and loses in the non conference portion

Reaction Score
Insert squid postgame reminding us these kids are young

And he said enough to the announcers to make them remind us every 3-4 times down the court all game lol. Noticed it too!

Reaction Score
Proud Richmond grad. They played an awesome game and absolutely disassembled Kentucky in the second half. Very experienced team - 4 of 5 starters are seniors, with two of them being 5th year seniors - that knows how to play together. Wildest thing to me about the team: probably one of the shortest backcourts in the country, but also probably a top 5 defensive backcourt in the country.

Will be a force this season - have a match up in two weeks against West Virginia as well

Congrats nice win like that team. On D as I said above having a couple of Boatright-ish guards is so important as is their defensive abilities. Fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Insert squid postgame reminding us these kids are young
I wanted to see if he said anything post game so I went to the Lexington paper and the UK athletics websites and there were no post game quotes from him anywhere. Just one of the assistant coaches with all the quotes. I wonder if he ducked his post game interview.

Reaction Score
I wanted to see if he said anything post game so I went to the Lexington paper and the UK athletics websites and there were no post game quotes from him anywhere. Just one of the assistant coaches with all the quotes. I wonder if he ducked his post game interview.
In a postgame Zoom news conference, assistant coach Joel Justus returned repeatedly to the difference Richmond’s experience made.

“This was a team that was going to present veteran moxie,” Justus, who was substituting for Calipari in the postgame news conference, said of the Spiders. “We knew that coming in. We knew we’d have to play really well to win the game. And we didn’t.”

I wonder why Calipari didn't do the post game new conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom