Kentucky Not Ranked | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kentucky Not Ranked

Reaction Score
Didn't Ollie outclass and out coached him in 2014. Didn't Calipari had like 12 All Americans on that team?
Not sure. I think Calhoun's players won that game.

Reaction Score
How do you know?

More importantly, who will? That's who UCONN should hire.
I repeat, Hurley will never win a National Championship. I would love for you to save this post. If and when Ollie is replaced with the preferred candidate, I will be looking forward to Ollie haters reactions during and after games on this message board.
I will go one step ahead, if and when Ollie is replaced at UCONN, Ollie will have more success at his next destination than his replacement at UCONN. Bet on that.

Reaction Score
I repeat, Hurley will never win a National Championship. I would love for you to save this post. If and when Ollie is replaced with the preferred candidate, I will be looking forward to Ollie haters reactions during and after games on this message board.
I will go one step ahead, if and when Ollie is replaced at UCONN, Ollie will have more success at his next destination than his replacement at UCONN. Bet on that.
Nope. He is awful. And you are wrong, no matter how many times you "repeat" your wrongness.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I repeat, Hurley will never win a National Championship. I would love for you to save this post. If and when Ollie is replaced with the preferred candidate, I will be looking forward to Ollie haters reactions during and after games on this message board

That's mot exactly going out on a limb there though. In the next 15 years, there'll be probably only 12 coaches out of hundreds who will win a NC. And most of those guys are already entrenched at their respective institutions.

Ollie will have more success at his next destination than his replacement at UCONN. Bet on that.

I don't think you'll ever see Ollie coach in college again. Perhaps as an assistant, but I highly doubt that.

Reaction Score
Hurley is no Jim Calhoun, don't ever compare him to Jim Calhoun.
Such a drama queen. I didn't. But I can say this, if Ollie was our coach in 1985, you would have said the same stuff about 1985 Calhoun as you are saying about 2018 Hurley. If you deny that you are either delusional or dishonest or both. Could Hurley repeat what Calhoun did? Probably not but who knows for sure? You certainly don't. I repeat. You don't.

Reaction Score
Such a drama queen. I didn't. But I can say this, if Ollie was our coach in 1985, you would have said the same stuff about 1985 Calhoun as you are saying about 2018 Hurley. If you deny that you are either delusional or dishonest or both. Could Hurley repeat what Calhoun did? Probably not but who knows for sure? You certainly don't. I repeat. You don't.
HURLEY CAN NEVER REPEAT WHAT OLLIE DID, MUCH LESS THE GREAT JIM CALHOUN.
HURLEY WILL NEVER EVER WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. HE WILL NEVER EVER ACCOMPLISH WHAT OLLIE HAS OR BE ABLE TO SIT AT THE SAME TABLE. TAKE A MINUTE AND LOOK AT THERE WINNING PERCENTAGE WHILE YOU'RE AT IT.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's mot exactly going out on a limb there though. In the next 15 years, there'll be probably only 12 coaches out of hundreds who will win a NC. And most of those guys are already entrenched at their respective institutions.

I don't think you'll ever see Ollie coach in college again. Perhaps as an assistant, but I highly doubt that.
I will take Ollie and a National Championship and another year to show improvement over any of the suggested potential replacement.
Now if there is not significant improvement in all aspects of the program next season then Coach Ollie should do the honorable thing and resign.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
HURLEY CAN NEVER REPEAT WHAT OLLIE DID, MUCHLESS THE GREAT JIM CALHOUN.
HURLEY WILL NEVER EVER WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. HE WILL NEVER EVER ACCOMPLISH WHAT OLLIE HAS OR BE ABLE TO SIT AT THE SAME TABLE. TAKE A MINUTE AND LOOK AT THERE WINNING PERCENTAGE WHILE YOU'RE AT IT.

Current BAC?

Reaction Score
Nope. He is awful. And you are wrong, no matter how many times you "repeat" your wrongness.
He's awfully good. He was good enough to win us our FOURTH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Without him leading the team in 2014 we would still be sitting on 3 National Championship. I will take 1 National Championship over 10 consecutive years of making the tournament and not win a National Championship. You play to win the chip, no one cares who finish second much less making the tournament.

Reaction Score

He'd probably make a really good NBA assistant. After playing 13 years in the league and winning a college NC, spending 5-6 years as an NBA assistant isn't the worst thing that could happen. If he did well he may even get another shot as HC somewhere. I want him to succeed, I just don't see it happening at UConn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Looking at his track record, I don't know how one could successfully argue Ollie developed them.

Giffey and Daniels were scrubs under Calhoun -- Giffey offered nothing besides the Maui outburst, and Daniels barely saw the floor.

Shabazz was crucified by this board during JC's final year.

Their "development" did not occur between 2010 and 2012.

Calhoun's coaching didn't result in any material gains while he was directing their development and running their practices. He was only doing player development work for 1/3 of DD's seasons, and 1/4 of Boat's.

Calhoun barely spent any time with half of the guys you mentioned.

The 1-2 years had negligible impact on all four, and it showed in their on-court performance

I've already been through this. None of the development that turned Bazz, Giffey, and Boat into the players who led UConn to a championship occurred while Jim Calhoun was employed as a coach here.

This was Ollie's team from 2012-14. He wasn't getting a package in the mail from Calhoun every week telling him how to run his practices. What happened to him from 2014-18 has no bearing on the results from 2012-14.

Reaction Score
I've already been through this. None of the development that turned Bazz, Giffey, and Boat into the players who led UConn to a championship occurred while Jim Calhoun was employed as a coach here.

This was Ollie's team from 2012-14. He wasn't getting a package in the mail from Calhoun every week telling him how to run his practices. What happened to him from 2014-18 has no bearing on the results from 2012-14.
I didn't say it was Calhoun either.

There were other very experienced coaches on that staff, Blaney, Miller, Hobbs specifically. I don't believe Ollie deserves all the credit for those teams. To be fair, he doesn't deserve all of the blame either for the current situation, the conference and injuries specifically, are/were out of his control. But I do believe he is in over his head right now, and doesn't have a good enough staff around him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom