Kentucky Is Not The Best Team In College B-Ball | The Boneyard

Kentucky Is Not The Best Team In College B-Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a fan of the women's program, but these arguments are always so freakin' dumb.

It's not an insult to say the women's 90-game win streak isn't the same as when UCLA won 88 straight - they're not in the same leagues, so it's apples to oranges.

Reaction Score
Regarding Kentucky and greatness, I don't think that this Kentucky team with it's size and youth could beat the 04 Huskies.

We had similar size (Okafor and Boone with White & Nelson for depth/bodies) but could light it up outside with Anderson and Gordon. I think both guards would give the Harrison twins fits, and this isn't even accounting for the size and inside out versatility of both Charlie and Denham.

A team that ultimately had 6 first rounders on it and one 2nd rounder.

No way does Kentucky go undefeated in Big East Conference play where the size and physical abilities would beat that team up.

Even if the matchup talent wise was even, you give the nod to Calhoun for both toughness and experience over Squid

Reaction Score
When I first saw this I thought it was an April Fools joke ;)

I'm pretty sure Nelson wasn't eligible in 2003-04 because of the transfer redshirt. Still though, we could matchup down low and the backcourt wouldn't even be much of a battle.

Reaction Score
Would this Ky team be Undefeated in this years, ACC,B1G, or Big 12
Never mind the old Big East
Their undefeated season Is somewhat diminished by the horrible conference they play in. Even with that it's a pretty rare achievement.
I love Wooden but the PAC in his day wasn't any better than the SEC.

By the way the article isn't dealing in absolutes ,but states in relatative terms the UConn team is more dominant than the Kentucky team.
Which is probably true. Since Ky struggled with some pretty poor teams in a weak league.
Meaningless but true nevertheless.
Typical of journalism today , you create a sensational headline, then actually do nothing to actually support that headline.
Of course if the headline stated UConn women ,more dominate in women's BB than KY is in men's , who would have read the article
Because pretty much everyone outside of Ky understands that fact.

Reaction Score
It's a safe bet that there's no team in college b-ball now that would have been the pest team 10+ years ago. If you took the '94, '95, '96, '98, or '99 UConn teams, they're probably make a run at going undefeated now. The level of play is so poor now.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
the 04 UConn team would eat Kentucky for lunch. Any time you compare men's and women's hoops you end up looking foolish, too.

Reaction Score
It's a safe bet that there's no team in college b-ball now that would have been the pest team 10+ years ago. If you took the '94, '95, '96, '98, or '99 UConn teams, they're probably make a run at going undefeated now. The level of play is so poor now.
I've brought up points like this before, but you just don see truly great and experienced teams anymore. The 90s and the early 00s produced a multitude of teams that could do what UK is doing in the contemporary game. Even teams from the mid-late 2000s, like 07 UF, 08 KU, 08, Memphis, 09 UNC, and us in 09 are on the same level as 2014-15 UK. Their high skill level is something of a blast from the past, because teams simply haven't been that good in the 2010s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom