Kentucky is a great team but | The Boneyard

Kentucky is a great team but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They are lucky to be undefeated. Their now in their 9th very close game out of 26. Give them all the credit but they can be upset. No true go to player

Reaction Score
I'm surprised you didn't say we could beat them. Are you sick or something?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Honestly, what the hell is with all of these Kentucky threads that have been popping up? I'm starting to think that ESPN's massive crush on UK has been seeping through the internet like a virus. Obviously discussion of CBB in general (other teams included) is welcome here. But if I wanted to see a thread pop up every time Kentucky plays or read multiple page analyses of the Squid's HoF candidacy, I would go to a UK board. Although I probably have too many teeth to be accepted there.

Reaction Score
They are lucky to be undefeated. Their now in their 9th very close game out of 26. Give them all the credit but they can be upset. No true go to player
They're up by 14 with 2 minutes left. That isn't exactly a close game. Maybe Tennessee was close at some point in the game but up 14 with 2 minutes left isn't exactly in danger of losing.

As I finished this post they won by 18. If that's a close game I wish UConn was so lucky this year!

Reaction Score
If college basketball is going to be all about KY/Calipari EVERY season, I'm not interested. I was flipping through the channels and caught the Squid's mug again and kept on going. He has an NBA team every year compared to the teams int he sport right now.

I remember a time when the IT team of the moment rotated between a host of programs (Houston, Georgetown, St. John's, Temple, Michigan, UNLV, Arkansas, and of course the blue bloods). Now the question every year is who can beat KY.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Personally I'm hoping they run the table through the SEC tournament. They're begging for someone to knock them off and if it happens prior to the NCAA's they'll have learned their lesson and will recover. The only shot there is for someone else cutting down the nets when all is said and done will be if there is no tomorrow after their one loss.

Reaction Score
Honestly, what the hell is with all of these Kentucky threads that have been popping up? I'm starting to think that ESPN's massive crush on UK has been seeping through the internet like a virus. Obviously discussion of CBB in general (other teams included) is welcome here. But if I wanted to see a thread pop up every time Kentucky plays or read multiple page analyses of the Squid's HoF candidacy, I would go to a UK board. Although I probably have too many teeth to be accepted there.

What better way to ease our pain of a mediocre season than to project failure on those better than us?

Reaction Score
The only shot there is for someone else cutting down the nets when all is said and done will be if there is no tomorrow after their one loss.
Agreed. The best way for them to get beat is to be undefeated going into the NCAAs.
The pressure on them is going to be unreal, and the team playing them is going to be loosey goosey.

Reaction Score
Now the question every year is who can beat KY.
Yeah, no doubt.
Every fan of CBB should be rooting against KY. If they win and verify Cal's system, it could be this way for 10 years.

Reaction Score
If college basketball is going to be all about KY/Calipari EVERY season, I'm not interested. I was flipping through the channels and caught the Squid's mug again and kept on going. He has an NBA team every year compared to the teams int he sport right now.

I remember a time when the IT team of the moment rotated between a host of programs (Houston, Georgetown, St. John's, Temple, Michigan, UNLV, Arkansas, and of course the blue bloods). Now the question every year is who can beat KY.

They were an 8 seed in 2014 and lost to Robert Morris in the 1st round of the NIT in 2013.

If you're wondering why people are asking if anybody can beat Kentucky this year, it's because nobody has done it yet.

Reaction Score
Yeah, no doubt.
Every fan of CBB should be rooting against KY. If they win and verify Cal's system, it could be this way for 10 years.

His system has already been verified.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and if they win, people here won't be able to say that he gets great recruits but we keep kids for 4 years and win championships, as if recruiting 4 year players is a better secret sauce than, say, buying the best one and dones and getting so many that some of them HAVE to stay another year or two.

Reaction Score
His system has already been verified.

Only to a point. It's also lost head-to-head in big games to a program that isn't as good on paper a couple of times! I mean to think they're not good with those talented players is crazy but they haven't been dominant when it comes to titles. We'll see because if they don't win it this year it's not at all verified.

Sorry champs I feel like with Okafor last night and this I am picking on you I am not! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom