Kentucky hype | The Boneyard

Kentucky hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just listening to Adrian Branch during halftime report and he basically said there is no way Kentucky doesn't win it all this year. He also said Willie Cauley-Stein reminds him of Kevin Garnett, am I missing something in Cauley-Stein or is this just ridiculous hyperbole?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It's going to work against them. The amount of pressure on these 18 and 19 year olds is ridiculous. Also they aren't as talented as they were last year or in 2012. They don't have a Randle or Davis. What they do have is depth, but depth is so overrated. To think that 18-19 year olds need a large amount of rest over 2 20 minute halves is ridiculous and to compare Stein to Garnett is even more ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I am so over it already. It's like X-mas ads- by the time it roles around I cringe at them- except I like X-mas a lot more then UK.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
This is what happens in an industry where if you touch a ball after high school you're an "expert" on the sport.

Reaction Score
when they don't win it all.
it will just prove. how crappy of a coach Cal is, Again.

Its hard for almost any team to say its a cinch to win it all.

Kentucky is a really good team with unprecedented size. They are going to be really really good with as good a chance to win the whole gig as anyone.

You can see their Achilles heel---multiple fast guards who cause trouble for their big guards. I think a Uconn at peak m3/4 season is the type of roster that could give them big fits.

Reaction Score
WCS to Garnett comp is asinine although I do think WCS will be a Tyson Chandler clone on the next level. I just can't imagine that a team like that can have positive chemistry. At some point, Cal has to get a basic rotation and that means that some very talented and big name kids are not going to play and being 18/19 years old, they are likely to pout. I just don't think the hockey line change style will work.

caw

Reaction Score
I can't comprehend comparing him to Garnett offensively but defensively he might be a poor mans Garnett.

Reaction Score
Kevin Garnett and Cauley-Stein are comparable in their propensity to set moving screens.

Reaction Score
Is WCS the longest tenured uk player in recent history? seems like hes been mediocre for years now.

Reaction Score
WCS is going to be a solid NBA role player ,Garnett is a HOFamer. Kentucky has a lot of talent but lacks a little in the backcourt. Ulis is their best guard.

Reaction Score
smh at him saying "no way". I think Kentucky is the most talented team but they are not the best "team" this year. It's true they can learn to play very well together throughout the year but you have some top teams that already know how to paly with each other (whether from last year or adding pieces) and it's only game 1 or 2 for most teams. Plus Cal has to keep the team focused on team ball and not me ball which he said can be challenging. Anyway.....none of it matters until the end. They might actually win it if they can get past uconn ;)

I'm really impressed with UNC's execution of their offense in their first game. What a huge turn around from the last couple of seasons. If they can continue that type of play against good defensive teams I will be really impressed. I'm sure Marcus will be relieved of not having to carry the team offensively.

Reaction Score
Get used to it. uk is the new dook. I feel of all the teams in the nation we should be fans who aren't fazed by this.

Why? Because we are a better team than them!

Reaction Score
Just listening to Adrian Branch during halftime report and he basically said there is no way Kentucky doesn't win it all this year. He also said Willie Cauley-Stein reminds him of Kevin Garnett, am I missing something in Cauley-Stein or is this just ridiculous hyperbole?
I'm not impressed. KG and I have identical NCAA career stats.

Reaction Score
I'll take the field.

Every team that plays Kentucky is going to come with their hardest effort. I think they'll eventually crumble under the expectations.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Welcome to awful announcing. Sports "experts" always over-react after each game and prefer to make headline grabbing bold statements rather than remaining logical.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
hell, Deandre Daniels is a better comparison to KG than WCS is. That's among the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom