Kentucky fans say they are better at 4 positions than Uconn | The Boneyard

Kentucky fans say they are better at 4 positions than Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
More homerism in that thread than I've seen in a while. To switch gears though, I looked at Scout's new 2011 player rankings. Does Drummond really have 75 pounds on Anthony Davis?

Reaction Score
Kinda like last year? When we beat 'em twice? I'm pretty sure they were better at each position then too.

Reaction Score
fans being fans...so what...fun debate, but who cares...we won't see them until NCAA, so much can change...when was the last time they won NCAAs ????

Reaction Score
These three nuggets are funny:

PF: Kentucky Jones over Oriakhi in a no contest
SF: Kentucky Miller over Roscoe Smith easily
SG: UConn (close) Jeremy Lamb slightly over Doron Lamb

Reaction Score
^^ I kno I love those comments

Is Anthony Davis a better prospect then Drummond sure he is rated higher. But Davis is playing Center for them and he is 6'10 200 punds. Drummond is a better center then Davis.

Reaction Score
http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=48&f=1030&t=7831833&sto=MS_104402648

when will they realize that it takes more than a scouting ranking to win a national championship?

Yeah, they're getting a bit ahead of themselves. They are placing an awful lot of faith in guys that have never played a minute of college basketball.

And of course they were better than us last year despite the pesky little fact that we beat them twice........

However, my favorites were the comments regarding Calhoun/Uconn and NCAA rules. Your coach is f*!%ing John Calipari for Christ's sake!

Reaction Score
AD will eat Davis for breakfast- he would be able to box him out of the paint at will.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we own the paint

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Doesn't Jones play center?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Kentucky should be more like the team two years ago than last season. That team two years ago was, imo, better than last season even if it didn't get to the final four.

The KU fans should be excited this season. They hauled in three recruits in the top 10 while UConn hauled in two in the top 10. And Jones and Lamb are very good players for them. I would love to see UConn go head to head with KU deep into the tournament. But a lot of things would have to fall in place in order to have that happen. If it were to happen I would expect it to be an exciting game.

Kentucky fans are obviously very passionate about men's bb. That's obvious by how well their fans traveled to Maui.
Tubby Smith had been pushed out the door because he was unable to get the star recruits. The NC did not save his job at Kentucky. Calipari has delivered the stars. It remains to be seen if he can get an NC with squads that are primarily composed of freshmen. He has been close two years in a row. If he can't come away with the big prize in the next several years, it will be interesting if those KU fans will be content with having the best classes every year and no NC's to show for it.

I'm hoping that someone can stop him once again this season. And I'm hoping that it will be UConn.

Reaction Score
^^ I kno I love those comments

Is Anthony Davis a better prospect then Drummond sure he is rated higher. But Davis is playing Center for them and he is 6'10 200 punds. Drummond is a better center then Davis.

The only thing that Davis has over Drummond (from what I've read) is that Davis has a higher motor than AD. I agree with you that Drummond is a better center, and when it comes down to it, I'm sure AD's size will negate Davis's "high motor".

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Who cares who has the better players? All that matters is who wins the games.
Slight amendment to your statement. All that matters is winning the last eleven games of the season. I believe KU won more games than UConn last season.

Reaction Score
anthony+davis.JPG

Sam02.jpg

Reaction Score
I love AO, but Jones is the better all-around player. They are different so it's really not a fair comparison.

Reaction Score
just think how UK will be next year...they lose their only 2 upperclassmen (miller and vargas), and will have to rely almost totally on fresh/sophs. These couple years of recruiting one and dones will finally bite squid in the .

Figure that jones and lamb, their only two meaningful potential upperclassmen next year, will both bolt for the NBA. Of their class this year I'd say davis, gilchrist, and possibly teague will make the jump. That leaves hood and poole, and incoming freshmen wiltjer as the only real players coming back with any meaningful minutes...the only thing they will have to look forward to is harrow being elligible, and i was not really impressed with him at NC State...

I'm not sure if even the squid can recruit a class good enough to keep them in contention for next year.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I love AO, but Jones is the better all-around player. They are different so it's really not a fair comparison.
jones is more of a permiter player, AO owns the paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger