OT: - Kentucky Derby | The Boneyard

OT: Kentucky Derby

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Might as well get the thread started. We are now 2 weekends out - Derby is always run on the 1st Saturday in May...this year it's May 1. I always look forward to the Triple Crown races. Would love some input from others as I am a complete donkey when betting the ponies. I know there's some knowledge and opinions out there.

I was doing some research this afternoon and I have a few early leans. I always avoid the favorite. So far I like Rock Your World - 2nd favorite at 5-1. Has the highest overall speed rating (top Beyer + top Brisnet + top Timeform), highest best Beyer, and won the Santa Anita. Will be ridden by Joel Rosario. I am also liking Known Agenda, purely based off of his rider - Irad Ortiz Jr.. He is my favorite jockey and has been winning constantly for awhile now...he's the best IMO. Coming in at 8-1 currently and last won the Florida Derby.

For all the Syracuse haters, root against long shot Hidden Stash. Boeheim's friend is the owner and gifted Jim a stake in the horse.

For a longshot, I'm trying to decide between Midnight Bourbon, O Besos, and Dream Shake. All three are 30-1 right now and have relatively good speed and a 96 for their top Bayer speed. Some wins, places, and shows thrown in there for them.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Might as well get the thread started. We are now 2 weekends out - Derby is always run on the 1st Saturday in May...this year it's May 1. I always look forward to the Triple Crown races. Would love some input from others as I am a complete donkey when betting the ponies. I know there's some knowledge and opinions out there.

I was doing some research this afternoon and I have a few early leans. I always avoid the favorite. So far I like Rock Your World - 2nd favorite at 5-1. Has the highest overall speed rating (top Beyer + top Brisnet + top Timeform), highest best Beyer, and won the Santa Anita. Will be ridden by Joel Rosario. I am also liking Known Agenda, purely based off of his rider - Irad Ortiz Jr.. He is my favorite jockey and has been winning constantly for awhile now...he's the best IMO. Coming in at 8-1 currently and last won the Florida Derby.

For all the Syracuse haters, root against long shot Hidden Stash. Boeheim's friend is the owner and gifted Jim a stake in the horse.

For a longshot, I'm trying to decide between Midnight Bourbon, O Besos, and Dream Shake. All three are 30-1 right now and have relatively good speed and a 96 for their top Bayer speed. Some wins, places, and shows thrown in there for them.

Thoughts?
Which horse is Baffert’s? I’ll take that one....

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
@bazzdog Medina Spirit...currently 15-1. 2nd in the Santa Anita and has all wins and places. Best Bayer speed is 99, which is second highest in the field.

Reaction Score
All the changes happening at University of Kentucky, I thought this post was about that. Lololol.

Reaction Score
Rock your World has real speed, but he doesn't have a lot of races under his belt, just 3 I believe. If you watched his win at Santa Anita a month ago, you'd be a believer.

RYW will def be in my picks along with Hot Rod Charlie and Essential Quality. Too bad Life is Good was ruled out a while ago due to a chipped bone. That horse was special.

A lot will depend on post positions, so it will get interesting when that happens

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Caddo River (15-1) scratched. Brooklyn Strong (50-1) added.

Post positions are now out. I had Known Agenda on my early card and he drew the 1. The top three favorites are jumbled on the outside: Essential Quality, Rocky Your World, and Highly Motivated are 14, 15, and 17.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom