OT: - Kentucky Derby Winner May Be DQed | The Boneyard

OT: Kentucky Derby Winner May Be DQed

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The post-race test disclosed over twice the legal limit of betamethasone and antiinflamatory steroid. The reserve sample will now be tested and a consistent result will DQ the winner. The trainer Bob Baffert has been suspended by Churchill Downs. He's suggesting someone drugged his horse!! Baffert, a big time trainer with a history of big wins also has a history of positive drug tests.

My brother, employed in the race industry (track and trainers)for 30 plus years did not like Baffert. Sitting in my living room with him watching a triple crown race the screen settled on Baffert. The brother let out an oath. I asked why and he said Baffert was dirty. I asked for details and he refused.

Assuming the test holds up and the horse is DQed as the Kentucky Derby winner Baffert will still likely ride out the storm.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How is the money paid out to the "winning" bets recouped? I wonder how many people threw away winning tickets?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How about if a new winner is declared? Are the once-losing tickets honored as winning tickets?
Nope. But the purse money will be clawed back.

Reaction Score
A horse was drugged? In other news water is wet and everyone likes vanilla ice cream.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
How is the money paid out to the "winning" bets recouped? I wonder how many people threw away winning tickets?
The payouts do not change; that is what is wrong about the whole thing. If you won on a horse whose trainer cheated, you keep the money.

Reaction Score
The payouts do not change; that is what is wrong about the whole thing. If you won on a horse whose trainer cheated, you keep the money
Similar to many sports , like basketball, Ref's makes a bad call in a tight game, which results in a loss for the offended team! Seen, it in a number of times in women's basketball. No recourse, NCAA needs to greatly improve their ref's !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom