Kentucky also bans Twitter | The Boneyard

Kentucky also bans Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I can see this becoming more and more prevalent. It's cool for fans to keep in touch with what's going on with their favorite players and teams, but from a team perspective, Twitter does way more harm than good. From Alex Oriakhi complaining about playing time and possibly insulting Jim Calhoun to Texas football players joking about how boring the banquet held in their honor is to Twitter comments apparently being the impetus in part for the fight between Cincy and Xavier yesterday, I just don't see why any coach wouldn't want his or her kids to go dark during the season.

Reaction Score
I agree that all social media sites off limits during the season........Bravo to the coaches who set up this policy.......

Reaction Score
no twitter and look at how both UConn and kentucky are playing..

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score

I think it's kind of lame to ban Twitter.. If you aren't mature enough to handle yourself on social media than you shouldn't be playing a college sport. The majority of the Oregon football players use it and they are all great

Reaction Score
I think it's kind of lame to ban Twitter.. If you aren't mature enough to handle yourself on social media than you shouldn't be playing a college sport. The majority of the Oregon football players use it and they are all great
i think it has nothing to do with maturity, the staff probably doesn't want the players to be distracted, and twitter is a major distraction

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
i think it has nothing to do with maturity, the staff probably doesn't want the players to be distracted, and twitter is a major distraction
What was that you said? Sorry, I was busy typing.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score

No more than text messaging is.. The staffs don't want players to say the wrong things, that's why they ban it

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yes even more than texting
Agreed. Texting is [ideally] a private conversation between two people. Twitter is a public social network that allows anything you say to be consumed by anyone else, and it allows anyone to interact directly with you. The end result has been extremely negative time and time again. If I were a coach, I would want Twitter off limits during the season.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Agreed. Texting is [ideally] a private conversation between two people. Twitter is a public social network that allows anything you say to be consumed by anyone else, and it allows anyone to interact directly with you. The end result has been extremely negative time and time again. If I were a coach, I would want Twitter off limits during the season.

As an avid user to both, I disagree.. You can lock your twitter, which a lot of people do. It's the same as Facebook

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
As an avid user to both, I disagree.. You can lock your twitter, which a lot of people do. It's the same as Facebook
And if you lock your account and only let friends and family access your tweets, yes, it would be similar to FB, but many either don't lock their accounts or allow most people who send a follow request, including media, access to their feed. That's what gets them in trouble. Kids who allow all sorts of random people to be their friends on FB are also opening themselves up to a world of trouble, for that matter, but you can't ban everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom