Kentucky (16) @ Mississippi St (7) - 1/06/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kentucky (16) @ Mississippi St (7) - 1/06/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
AEH shot 36.4% from the three and 38.5% overall in the 7 games she played at UConn. She would not have been a key player here

I just meant you had Camara and Coombs in because there weren't a lot of bench choices to go to. If AEH came in, and gave them just a little bit of spark by hitting a few shots, it could've went down the stretch a little closer, but instead Baylor made you play from behind most of the game.

Not saying AEH is gonna be a huge game changer.

And... Samuelson, Walker, and Dangerfield are shooting close to that same 3-point percentage as AEH. Collier is shooting much worse... 22.2%

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I just meant you had Camara and Coombs in because there weren't a lot of bench choices to go to. If AEH came in, and gave them just a little bit of spark by hitting a few shots, it could've went down the stretch a little closer, but instead Baylor made you play from behind most of the game.

Not saying AEH is gonna be a huge game changer.

And... Samuelson, Walker, and Dangerfield are shooting close to that same 3-point percentage as AEH. Collier is shooting much worse... 22.2%

Wait, wut? Are you seriously comparing the shooting % of a player who plays mostly against cupcakes or at garbage time or not at all with the shooting %s of UConn starters? You can not be serious.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
AEH shot 36.4% from the three and 38.5% overall in the 7 games she played at UConn. She would not have been a key player here

Of course she would not have played. Her shooting %s right now are the same as they were for UConn. The truth is Andi is not a good basketball player. She doesn't handle the ball well, she doesn't help her teammates score, she doesn't rebound and she doesn't defend all that well. She likes to shoot, especially 3-pointers. She has the reputation as a good shooter. I'm not sure where that reputation comes from but it's there. There's a reason she didn't play much at UConn as a freshman and there's a reason she doesn't play much at Miss State. She has work to do.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Quick summary...

86-71 Final. Largest lead was 83-62.

UK played agressively and turned MSU over a lot (24), but also turned it over a lot (22) and committed a lot of fouls (25) of aggression. State was 21-25 from the line.

Dogs dominated the boards 48-24. Impressive since Big T sat for 18 minutes with foul trouble.

All starters contributed significantly and Jess Carter and Bre Scott played significant minutes.

Anriel with 21 & 12.

T with 13 & 10.

Danberry continues to impress with 17 pts and 5 assists.

Bibby was off from 3, but battled her way to 18 & 7.

Jazz was looser with the ball than she has been (credit UK), but stuffed the stat sheet with 8P, 6R, 5A, 6S &1B.

For UK, Morris with 20 was strong despite foul trouble and frosh Howard started slow, but is a very impressive freshman who also filled up the sheet with 15P, 5R, 4A, 6S & 2B.

Exciting game and solid win for MSU vs one of the best teams on our schedule.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I really don't get the animosity many on this board have towards Andi. It's borderline obsessive and meanspirited.

She'll play and get better and seems to be a nice young lady.

If you mean my post--I don't know if you do--there is no animosity. Simply pointing out a fact about her playing time and the poor conclusions made by some in the press after her transfer.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Wait, wut? Are you seriously comparing the shooting % of a player who plays mostly against cupcakes or at garbage time or not at all with the shooting %s of UConn starters? You can not be serious.

Actually, no. The poster replying was comparing her stats LAST YEAR while playing at UConn, so you need to read more carefully. She played on the same team against the same opponents as those girls I named.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Actually, no. The poster replying was comparing her stats LAST YEAR while playing at UConn, so you need to read more carefully. She played on the same team against the same opponents as all those girls I named.

Yes, and she played sparingly, when games were out of reach or not at all against good teams. My point stands. It's a ridiculous comparison.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Yes, and she played sparingly, when games were out of reach or not at all against good teams. My point stands. It's a ridiculous comparison.

And yet the same UConn players were all playing those same scrubs last year. All I'm saying is that she could've helped vs Baylor. COULD'VE. not would've. I'm not saying those measly stats make her someone Geno should give 20 minutes to. Just that her potential looked promising.

But no.... I'm far from touting her as a MSU stud or anything. Just saying she has promise and could've helped vs Baylor. But no, she's not nearly ready yet for high Division 1 competition. In fact, our 6th man is Bre'Amber Scott. She's more ready than AEH. She got great minutes against Marquette and her shooting percentages are high on all fronts, and her physicality far surpasses AEH's.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
And yet the same UConn players were all playing those same scrubs last year. All I'm saying is that she could've helped vs Baylor. COULD'VE. not would've. I'm not saying those measly stats make her someone Geno should give 20 minutes to. Just that her potential looked promising.

No they weren't playing the same scrubs. You actually compared AEH's stats with those of Samuelson, Collier and Dangerfield. She would have been glued to the bench against Baylor just like she's been glued to the bench for Miss State against teams not nearly as good as Baylor. We're done here.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
No they weren't playing the same scrubs. You actually compared AEH's stats with those of Samuelson, Collier and Dangerfield. She would have been glued to the bench against Baylor just like she's been glued to the bench for Miss State against teams not nearly as good as Baylor. We're done here.

Not sure she'd be glued to the bench against Baylor if Coombs and Camara got minutes. Geno was looking for someone else to turn to other than Williams and Walker and he ended up putting Coombs and Camara in. AEH would've been the #6 or #7 player on the team had she stayed and she surely could've gotten the chance to play some if she weren't that far down the depth chart.

I compared her stats to those girls to suggest that that's not so bad. It's a minor point. We're done with that nitpicking, agreed.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Not sure she'd be glued to the bench against Baylor if Coombs and Camara got minutes. Geno was looking for someone else to turn to other than Williams and Walker and he ended up putting Coombs and Camara in. AEH would've been the #6 or #7 player on the team had she stayed and she surely could've gotten the chance to play some if she weren't that far down the depth chart.

I compared her stats to those girls to suggest that that's not so bad. It's a minor point. We're done with that nitpicking, agreed.

Please trust me on this, you need to let this go. It's pretty clear Geno didn't get on with her and the idea she would have helped in that game is just not logical or important.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Please trust me on this, you need to let this go. It's pretty clear Geno didn't get on with her and the idea she would have helped in that game is just not logical or important.

LOL! :p Didn't say it was relevant or important. I'm just not sure why UConn fans are still into bashing AEH, their negative sentiments towards her seems so leftover for someone that sucked so bad according to them. And since she didn't do anything to cost them games, who the hell cares about that girl? They should be glad she's gone. She didn't work. She's gone. She can't hurt you, can't help you.

Unless, we play UConn and she drops 15 points and we win that rematch :D. It'll be the story of the year... UConn beaten by their very own. :D

Reaction Score
Not remotely as good on defense, but she's improving. She's also not shooting nearly as well as Bre so far. More talented for sure.
Five star vs three star but IMHO Bre is the better player.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Five star vs three star but IMHO Bre is the better player.

She is right now. I sure hope they both look like 5 stars as seniors.

Many fans seem to miss the fact that a player should develop more in college than HS. MSU has played in two consecutive NC games without a 5 star HS player on the roster.

It's certainly easier to start with ultra talented HS players, but player development is what great coaches do.

Vic admitted in the postgame presser Shades provided that he should have gotten Andi in the game, but felt the pressure UK was putting on called for two points (Jazz and Jordan) on the floor. He knows what he's doing.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Didnt see the game but not surprised to see another big night from Anriel Howard. She's had fantastic games against strong competition this year. I think shes a strong candidate for All-America honors this year and could be a first round draft pick. Props to her for making huge strides in the offseason (or just finding a school that allows her to excel). Come tournament time I think Mississippi State has what it takes to be a title contender once again.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Didnt see the game but not surprised to see another big night from Anriel Howard. She's had fantastic games against strong competition this year. I think shes a strong candidate for All-America honors this year and could be a first round draft pick. Props to her for making huge strides in the offseason (or just finding a school that allows her to excel). Come tournament time I think Mississippi State has what it takes to be a title contender once again.

I hope you're right. She has been such a great addition. I expected Anriel to be very good and Danberry to be solid for State, but they have exceeded my expectations. Jordan has become an offensive and defensive force and Anriel is stepping up big in all the big games.

What's going to be interesting to watch is how they gel. This team has more upside possible as T gets more comfortable with 4 new starters.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I hope you're right. She has been such a great addition. I expected Anriel to be very good and Danberry to be solid for State, but they have exceeded my expectations. Jordan has become an offensive and defensive force and Anriel is stepping up big in all the big games.

What's going to be interesting to watch is how they gel. This team has more upside possible as T gets more comfortable with 4 new starters.

Agreed. T hasnt looked like the super aggressive dominant force she did a year ago in the tournament, but if she kicks it up a notch they're going to be very very difficult to compete with, let alone beat.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score

She was a 3 star coming out of HS..someone missed the rating boat on her big time..

bballnut90

Reaction Score
She was a 3 star coming out of HS..someone missed the rating boat on her big time..

Not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if she was considered somewhat of a project being an extremely athletic but undersized forward at 5-11. She obviously made her mark at A&M and proved herself to be a solid player, but she's proving herself to be an exceptional one at Mississippi State. Her ceiling is higher than most due to her athleticism and playing with so much energy. Vic obviously doesn't get all (or most) credit for Howard transforming into an All-American candidate, but his ability to take under ranked players and turn them into exceptional players is pretty remarkable. Quick list includes:

Victoria Vivians-wasn't a McDonald's AA, ranked in the 20-30 range. Ended up being a 1st Team AA and top 10 WNBA draft pick.

Morgan William-very lightly recruited due to her size, ended up being a standout PG for Mississippi State and was huge in leading them to back to back title games.

McCowan-was ranked in the 40-50 range, was a major project as a freshman, still a role player as a sophomore. Blossomed into an All-American and was the best player in the NCAA tournament last year. Now is a POY candidate and a favorite to be the #1 pick in the WNBA draft.

This year too all of Bibby, Holmes and Danberry have made big strides from 7-8 months ago. Not sure I see Mississippi State going anywhere with a pair of 6-5 bigs on the roster next year along with Rickea Jackson coming in.

Reaction Score
I've been disappointed in the play of both AEH and Myah Taylor so far this season. You would think that both were unranked walkons who were home schooled or something yet that's not the case. Both were 5 star recruits who were players of the year in their state their senior year. Looks like Myah has been told to NEVER shoot and AEH is so concerned about messing up on defense that her sweet jumper is GONE. Wouldn't surprise me if both leave the program to get away from the southern TV evangelist.

Reaction Score
I've been disappointed in the play of both AEH and Myah Taylor so far this season. You would think that both were unranked walkons who were home schooled or something yet that's not the case. Both were 5 star recruits who were players of the year in their state their senior year. Looks like Myah has been told to NEVER shoot and AEH is so concerned about messing up on defense that her sweet jumper is GONE. Wouldn't surprise me if both leave the program to get away from the southern TV evangelist.

At this point, I'm halfway convinced you are a false flag.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom