Kentucky (11) @ Louisiana St - 1/19/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kentucky (11) @ Louisiana St - 1/19/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
LSU squeaks by Kentucky despite Howard scoring 26 points and corralling 12 rebounds.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You can never stop Howard, you can contain her but she will get her points. Its when her teammates actually make shots Kentucky becomes a problem.

Its crazy how bad Kentucky has shot and has somehow made this a game.
You won’t shut her out, but if you get her shooting percentage down in the low 40s, you’re in good shape.

Reaction Score
You won’t shut her out, but if you get her shooting percentage down in the low 40s, you’re in good shape.

Oh no doubt. Her percentage shooting is not great but its mainly because they ask her to shoot every possession with like 2 or 3 players on her. She kind has to for them to have a chance. She is a superb talent. Kinda hard to perform at such a high level and carry your team 30+ points every weekend. She does her best.

LSU made their shots today when open and that was the difference.

I cannot imagine Nikki being happy with that 4th quarter, it was almost a total collapse.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Oh no doubt. Her percentage shooting is not great but its mainly because they ask her to shoot every possession with like 2 or 3 players on her. She kind has to for them to have a chance. She is a superb talent. Kinda hard to perform at such a high level and carry your team 30+ points every weekend. She does her best.

I cannot imagine Nikki being happy with that 4th quarter, it was almost a total collapse.

True; LSU is still offensively challenged, but their defense will keep them in games. I think you guys have an outside shot at one of the top 4 seeds for the SEC Tournament, especially is Chennedy is out for a while. USC, MSU, A&M, Kentucky, UT, Arky and LSU should be the top 7, so we'll see which 4 come out of that group. More than likely, the regular season winner will be the winner of the USC/MSU game Monday night, since we only play once this season. Those 7 SEC teams should also be the ones in the NCAAT.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I'd like to take some credit for bringing good vibes to LSU. I was on hand at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center this afternoon. It's actually a great arena. That scoreboard is amazing!

One thing I have to get off my chest. I have never seen a team move **so slowly** during dead ball situations as LSU does. O-M-G. When LSU had the ball out of bounds it seemed to take an eternity for someone to finally walk in slow motion over to the official on the sideline to finally inbound the ball. It always felt like the officials were hollering at them to resume play.

Second: The teams combined to shoot 72 free throws. Holy cow. Just an unreal number. Kentucky went into their full court press and hack-a-tiger strategy very early in 4Q. Other than a stretch where Khayla Pointer missed 4 FTs (!) in a row, LSU did pretty well from the line (16-22 in 4Q, and 26-38 overall). The thing that almost killed LSU, however, were some critical turnovers in 4Q.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd like to take some credit for bringing good vibes to LSU. I was on hand at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center this afternoon. It's actually a great arena. That scoreboard is amazing!

Hope you had a good time. Our gymnastics meets in the PMAC are insane, we usually always pack 10,000+ each meet. Its electric for those (big gym fan here as well).

Yea it was weird, on the dead ball situations. I thought the refs would actually call a delay of game at one point. The official on that side of the court wasn't very happy.

The 4th quarter, LSU got very sloppy with the Ball and Kentucky made us pay. They had a chance to come back at one point cutting the lead to 4 points but couldn't make any more baskets to cut the lead any smaller. I don't know any teams that go on the road, shoot 23% from the field and win. You cannot win games shooting that poorly. Tennessee will be interesting, their size concerns me. They seem to be much more sound team this year under Harper despite having less talent than last year. LSU will have to make their free throws and not turn the ball over that much to have a chance to win that.

Glad we shot free throws much better this weekend than we did at MSU. Although I would send Mitchell to the free throw any chance you get. She simply has zero touch on those. Ive never seen someone bank their free throws so much lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom