Kenny Kallina's Week 1 WCBB Thoughts | The Boneyard

Kenny Kallina's Week 1 WCBB Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing! I'm curious...

Once you get to college your high school rep doesn't matter ESPN spent way too much time worshiping players which had done nothing yet at the college level and spitting out inaccurate facts

Which players were you referring to?

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Chong's absence on the Mickey D's list tarnishes its credibility in my book. If I actually ate at McD's, I would stop in protest. Doesn't really matter in the end, I suppose.

Reaction Score
Chong's absence on the Mickey D's list tarnishes its credibility in my book. If I actually ate at McD's, I would stop in protest. Doesn't really matter in the end, I suppose.
I tend to agree on Chong and totally agree on avoiding the crap at McD's like the plague.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
To be fair, a lot of those people are sheep. Well, maybe what I'm going to say is not being fair.

ESPN, Hoopgurlz, and I believe McD are all tied in. Chong was rated 75 by them and they NEVER updated their rankings. At least Blue Star got her at 30, and ASGR had her at 20. She did make the WBCA "all star team" and played well scoring 8 or 10 points IIRC.

I get that Saniya played for Ossining. A little podunk school out on the middle of nowhere. I also get that she wasn't a star on nationally noticed AAU teams. BUT, ESPN/HG has people whose job it is to follow these kids and figure out who is the best (or who has the most potential). It seems to me they just didn't bother looking hard enough. Having said that, it's not like the WNBA pays millions of $ and there's a huge market for everything related to to women's basketball...

Now as far as fast food goes, it's In and Out Burger, or nothing for me!

Reaction Score
Dont get me wrong I LIKE Diamond DeShields but I vividly remember Carolyn Peck saying two things on Monday night

1) She never had seen Diamond struggle like this ... I mean is Carolyn going to a lot of local high school games in Atlanta to make this statement

2) How great Diamond was when she started the game 0-6 why not just have some type of robot just read a script?

I mean maybe this isnt Pecks fault but ESPN adds to the sucking of women's basketball it would be better to be on another network that actually cared about the sport because that was awful to watch on the floor and worse to listen to

Reaction Score
On another note people nationally in travel basketball will crush you if you dont play in their event or support whatever they are doing therefore Chong got killed ranking wise for not playing in the "right events" according to the powers that be but the reality is they didnt see her much if she had not signed at UConn she may not have been ranked at all usually a UConn commitment is work 10-25 spots in rankings depending on where you are ranked

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
On another note people nationally in travel basketball will crush you if you dont play in their event or support whatever they are doing therefore Chong got killed ranking wise for not playing in the "right events" according to the powers that be but the reality is they didnt see her much if she had not signed at UConn she may not have been ranked at all usually a UConn commitment is work 10-25 spots in rankings depending on where you are ranked
Thanks for saying that publicly, Kenny, I believed that was the case all along.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I never get too bent out of shape on ranking services - and most of the folks that do the work do it for love as they certainly aren't making their fortunes on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom