Kenny Kallina's Top Mid Major Head Coaches | The Boneyard

Kenny Kallina's Top Mid Major Head Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cynthia Cooper?

Yes she's had some success, but she also got Prairie View put on 4 years probation for major violations she committed. Then she left, spent 2 years at UNC-Wilmington, then ended up at Texas Southern, the same conference as Prairie View.

Reaction Score
For there to be ANY mid-major top coaches list created without Brian Giorgis make that list useless

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Coops background:

In January 2008 the NCAA penalized Prairie View for NCAA rules violations committed by Cooper, reducing the number of scholarships for the team. The school was placed on four years' probation for "major violations" in 2005–2006 that ranged from Cooper giving players small amounts of cash to various forms of unauthorized practices.[8] Cooper also gave players free tickets to Comets game, which is another NCAA infraction.

On May 10, 2010, she was announced as the next Head Coach of the UNC Wilmington Seahawks Women's Basketball team.[9] During her first year at UNCW, Cooper was named CAA Coach of the Year.

I put her major violations down to pure stupidity and laziness. She suffered through the violations, and still succeeded.

From folks in Wilmington knowledge base, UNCW was 1) not happy with the sort of players she brought in (JUCO) and 2) not happy with the pushes she made to get the program to commit to growth. they're happy, thank you very much, being a bottom dweller.

Whether she can stick and recruit four year athletes is the biggest question. That she can coach folks up is not a question at all. She should have been SWAC COY.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have a feeling Tricia Cullop could beat the crap out of 99% of those who interview here. Any job could be hers. :rolleyes:

And where is our next coach, Rizzotti?

Reaction Score
I have a feeling Tricia Cullop could beat the crap out of 99% of those who interview here. Any job could be hers. :rolleyes:

And where is our next coach, Rizzotti?

Seriously!!!!! No Rizzotti or Giorgis?!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Although I dont totally agree with all of his list, I appreciate Kallina posting on the Boneyard with some interesting stuff.

Rizzotti and Giorgis should be on the list.

Good read!

Thanks Kenny!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Perhaps he sees Jen as not moving, thus, not putting her in the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom