Kenny Kallina's Top 25 | The Boneyard

Kenny Kallina's Top 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't understand why TENN is not on the list. I read Volnation and TENN has the best guard in the country and the potential to give Holly her first Final Four. How can they not be in the top 10?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yup, we been there, done that a while back. WBB you are usually on top of thinks. This is shocking! :p

Reaction Score
@KallinaScouting 2Early NCAA Top 25

Doesn't have Stanford in his Top 25.

This will be an interesting season.

Re: UCONN: "Look for a lot to be expected out of Kia Nurse, Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson". Notice no mention of Gabby Williams. Gabby seems to stay under the radar while constantly working on her game and constantly surprising everybody (but us) with her great play. I don't think she's bothered in the least by being under the radar. She'll just keep quietly going about her business of great basketball. Love her game and her work ethic.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If we make the National semis and extend that record to 10 straight in the process, I'll be happy. As long as ND doesn't win it all, I'd be okay too.

The rationale of this article is generally admissible, but the writing/grammar is not terrific to say the least.

Reaction Score
not just saying this bc of the LV slight but this guy is clueless. never paid any attention to him.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
@KallinaScouting 2Early NCAA Top 25

Doesn't have Stanford in his Top 25.

This will be an interesting season.

This guy is off his meds. How can you not have Stanford in the top 25, when they knocked off one of the #1 seeds (Notre Dame) in the NCAA tournament last year, and did not lose a lot of seniors to graduation? I realize their starting point guard Lily Thompson is not returning for her senior year, but that should not cause them to fall completely out of the top 25. BTW, Charlie Creme has Stanford ranked at #10 in his preseason top 25. I dare say that Stanford is better than at least half of the teams in his top 25 right now, today.

Let's see the rankings of his top 25 teams now, at the Christmas break, and see how much has changed in the first 6 weeks of the season. I'll bet my entire Carnac ensemble (turban, cape, etc...) that Stanford is in the top 25 by the Xmas break (probably way before then).

If I'm wrong, I've already got a new handle (persona) picked out and ready to assume, should Carnac be forced to step back into the shadows forever. ;)

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
To cover all bases - everyone is entitled to their opinion. Not a bad start but let's see what shakes out by late December.

Reaction Score
Indiana, Wake Forest, TCU & Duke make the list but not Syracuse? Distance from the Sunshine State may not have been his only ranking criteria but it was certainly among his top 3.

Example: Missouri. "Playing at Missouri in the winter in the SEC is tough and the Tigers boasted a 5-3 league record at home last year and advanced to the 2nd Round of the NCAA Tournament".

Is this really sufficient evidence for being the 13th best team in the country? They won their first 13 games. The signature wins in that "amazing" streak were vs Wake and at Colorado. I mean isn't that so much more impressive than making it to the national title game? And yeah, it's a new year and the Orange lost their top scorer, but was Butler that good? Kenny has 7 ACC teams in his top 25. Is Syracuse at best the 8th best team in the ACC?

It appears to me that Kenny was just as interested in generating a buzz and pandering to the south east as he was in making sense.

Reaction Score
No Tenn., Syracuse and South Florida ...
BTW who is Kenny Kallina ???

Last edited:

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
No Tenn., Syracuse and South Florida ...
BTW who is Kenny Kallina ???

Kenny fell out years ago with quite a few TN posters. He didn't like TN then and he certainly doesn't like TN now.

Reaction Score
IIRC, Kenny had a very questionable top 25 last year as well.

Reaction Score
Re: UCONN: "Look for a lot to be expected out of Kia Nurse, Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson". Notice no mention of Gabby Williams. Gabby seems to stay under the radar while constantly working on her game and constantly surprising everybody (but us) with her great play. I don't think she's bothered in the least by being under the radar. She'll just keep quietly going about her business of great basketball. Love her game and her work ethic.
Gabby is my favorite U Conn player. She gets over looked because shes not the best at one thing but she does everything well. She has a solid all around game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"No one had a better second half of the season last year than Louisville" Ohh really??
I noticed that too. I thought the team that ran the table and won games by 35+ had both the best first half and the best second half.

Reaction Score
this guy is laffable...... Lady Vols, Cardinal.... Orange, others? And UConn and ND low at 5 and 6 You really think, Kenny, that these 2 teams will lose to teams you have 1-4? Maybe, but give me that bet any day....

Reaction Score
Gabby is my favorite U Conn player. She gets over looked because shes not the best at one thing but she does everything well. She has a solid all around game.

Agree. How could Gabby not receive a mention. This lack of respect for UConn is ammo for Geno.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Agree. How could Gabby not receive a mention. This lack of respect for UConn is ammo for Geno.
Absolutely! Gabby is as hard a worker as there is. She'll make people pay for overlooking her.

Reaction Score
"No one had a better second half of the season last year than Louisville" Ohh really??

I noticed that too. I thought the team that ran the table and won games by 35+ had both the best first half and the best second half.

Don't get to excited about it. It's the same when they do the rankings.... they ignore any loss to UCONN because it is expected. Heck, if they only lose to UCONN by 20 they almost treat it like a win against a top 25 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom