Kennitra Johnson | The Boneyard

Kennitra Johnson

Reaction Score
The recent posts about UConn transfers reminded of Kennitra. Anyone know where she is???
I think she transferred to Purdue, then transferred to Southern Indiana in 2003-2004. Then not sure where she is?

Connecticut Coach Geno Auriemma confirmed reports this week that guard Kennitra Johnson would not return for her junior season.

Johnson, a 5-foot-7-inch guard out of New Albany, Ind., has been in and out of Auriemma's doghouse. He said he had not spoken with her since mid-June, but knew she was not coming back to UConn.

Johnson was benched at the start of her sophomore season for not meeting certain off-season physical and academic goals. She then stepped up her production and worked herself into the rotation, starting three games after injuries to Svetlana Abrosimova and Ashley Battle. Johnson averaged 5.7 points and 1.9 assists in 17.9 minutes.

Reaction Score
KJ was working at Beach and Mold Inc. as a production reporter within the past year (and still could be). She played for two seasons at Southern Indiana, but injuries limited her playing time as a junior and she only appeared in three games as a senior. She likely would have stayed at UConn, but as was made clear in the book "The Same River Twice," she wasn't cutting it academically.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1606683757568.jpg
    FB_IMG_1606683757568.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 411
Reaction Score
KJ was working at Beach and Mold Inc. as a production reporter within the past year (and still could be). She played for two seasons at Southern Indiana, but injuries limited her playing time as a junior and she only appeared in three games as a senior. She likely would have stayed at UConn, but as was made clear in the book "The Same River Twice," she wasn't cutting it academically.
Thanks for the update.

I recently watched her on YouTube in the Indiana high school championships. A real talent...

But I have ask: to which The Same River Twice are you referring?

Reaction Score
I always loved her hustle! Glad she's doing well and that she's still reppin' that husky gear! Always a husky in my book!!!

"In a world where you can be anything...be KIND"

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Thanks for the update.

I recently watched her on YouTube in the Indiana high school championships. A real talent...

But I have ask: to which The Same River Twice are you referring?

1607045457574.png
for years.... for YEARS... I re-read this book before the start of each season, to "get my mind right" for the upcoming year...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom