Kendall Smith | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kendall Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Terrence Samuel is better, but we'll have to wait and see. Does this mean Ollie expects a current guard to leave?

Love both Bazz and Boat. But leave and go where? Unless both improve performance big time they're not ready for the NBA.

Reaction Score
Kendall Smith has been on a tear this season. However added him doesnt make a lot of sense to me. Smith is a 6'3 driving point guard who struggles shooting from 3. Way to similar too Terrence Samuels. Cant have add two PGS who are very similar and both cant shoot.

caw

Reaction Score
Kendall Smith has been on a tear this season. However added him doesnt make a lot of sense to me. Smith is a 6'3 driving point guard who struggles shooting from 3. Way to similar too Terrence Samuels. Cant have add two PGS who are very similar and both cant shoot.

If the coaching staff believes both can develop, I'm OK with it. UConn may need bigs but it also needs guards. UConn has typically carried 5 guards in any one season it also ensures there are at least 4 if someone leaves early (not likely right now, but...)

Even if you want to bank a scholarship for 2014 and have a five man class then, do you really want to bank 2 and have a 6 man class? I don't and I would take Smith based on what I have read/heard over all but maybe one of the bigs UConn has a shot at getting in 2013 (I don't think UConn has a shot at Dakari Johnson, though maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised).

UConn has four seniors next year and so will have a minimum of four scholarships available for the 2014 class. Boat could leave after his junior year (or earlier) which expands that to a five man class. That's not even getting into any potential transfers.

I would prefer to fill the scholarships up in 2013 (at least one) if the coaching staff believes those players can contribute in their four years here.

I know people want instant impact stars, but keep in mind UConn is back to 13 scholarships and can afford to use some on projects again. Ideally it would be the other way around with the 2-3 year star in 2013 and the projects in 2014, but that's not how things seem to be playing out right now.

Reaction Score
WE ARE NOT GETTING DAKARI JOHNSON! I wanted to get that across. It seems some people still think we have a chance. He is down to Syracuse, Kentucky, and Georgetown officially. That came out yesterday.

caw

Reaction Score
WE ARE NOT GETTING DAKARI JOHNSON! I wanted to get that across. It seems some people still think we have a chance. He is down to Syracuse, Kentucky, and Georgetown officially. That came out yesterday.

Until he signs, and even then it's not always 100% (e.g. Montrez Harrell), there is always a chance in recruiting , but yes it's extremely small (like earth shattering stuff would have to happen at those schools and still I'm not sure UConn would have a shot). Like I said, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom