Kendall Smith | The Boneyard

Kendall Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Down to UCLA, UNLV and UConn per Alex Kline. Hadn't heard his name mentioned much lately but I do remember him posting a picture of a custom UConn jersey with his name on it earlier in the year.

Reaction Score
Yes his dream school was also UConn before I believe.

Reaction Score
have we offered him? I haven't heard his name mentioned since this summer

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i saw we offer marcus lee just to see whats up and if these 2 ever did want to play with each other. the worst is he stays with uk and we are still in it for smith atleasta nd the best is a big double landing...

caw

Reaction Score
i saw we offer marcus lee just to see whats up and if these 2 ever did want to play with each other. the worst is he stays with uk and we are still in it for smith atleasta nd the best is a big double landing...

Marcus Lee signed with UK already. Their lowest rated recruit this year so far at #26 or so.

I know people on the West Coast love Kendall Smith, but I haven't seen him. Supposed to be a tall, true PG.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Marcus Lee signed with UK already. Their lowest rated recruit this year so far at #26 or so.

I know people on the West Coast love Kendall Smith, but I haven't seen him. Supposed to be a tall, true PG.

didn't realize he signed...
from what i know he has a good offense in general but he may be a bit of a project as a pg. not in developing vision, he has that. in just overall running a offense vs running based off a offense. i dont think hes really much over 6ft if hes over at all but what makes him a uconn style project is he has lenght. he has long arms for that height. thats something special and those are the type of kids we develope and get drafted. ad and lamb were the 2 latest to fit that mold. samuel is a bit different player wise but hes also a pg project but he has more lenght. i think hes crafty in traffic but i'm not a huge fan of his shot form, seems to stroke ok tho. this move by us is a bit surprising to me. it reeks 1 of things. either this is a 5 man class and bazz is thinking of going becuase the pg class for the draft is very weak this year or 2 we can't land a sf we want and we dont like any left so lets stack the guard spots and land forwards next year type idea. we have to land 1 more big guy do or die...

caw

Reaction Score
didn't realize he signed...
from what i know he has a good offense in general but he may be a bit of a project as a pg. not in developing vision, he has that. in just overall running a offense vs running based off a offense. i dont think hes really much over 6ft if hes over at all but what makes him a uconn style project is he has lenght. he has long arms for that height. thats something special and those are the type of kids we develope and get drafted. ad and lamb were the 2 latest to fit that mold. samuel is a bit different player wise but hes also a pg project but he has more lenght. i think hes crafty in traffic but i'm not a huge fan of his shot form, seems to stroke ok tho. this move by us is a bit surprising to me. it reeks 1 of things. either this is a 5 man class and bazz is thinking of going becuase the pg class for the draft is very weak this year or 2 we can't land a sf we want and we dont like any left so lets stack the guard spots and land forwards next year type idea. we have to land 1 more big guy do or die...

More or less what I have heard on Kendall Smith, though I thought he was 6'2. Haven't seen him play at all though.

UNLV, UCLA, UConn is a pretty solid top 3, even if he isn't highly ranked.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
More or less what I have heard on Kendall Smith, though I thought he was 6'2. Haven't seen him play at all though.

UNLV, UCLA, UConn is a pretty solid top 3, even if he isn't highly ranked.

its not much but a taste

Reaction Score
Down to UCLA, UNLV and UConn per Alex Kline. Hadn't heard his name mentioned much lately but I do remember him posting a picture of a custom UConn jersey with his name on it earlier in the year.

This wasn't per Alex Kline... just a heads up! haha ;)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i know its just a a 2 minute video but i like his first step and acceleration and the fact he attacks the basket

Reaction Score
i know its just a a 2 minute video but i like his first step and acceleration and the fact he attacks the basket

Yes, and continuing the observation, he has what looks like a floater (a-la J Lamb). You can see it at around the 45 sec mark and throughout. This shows a great touch and it is very difficult to defend a player in motion. Under control, this is a great offensive skill to have.

Reaction Score
Has there been any positive news about UCLA Basketball in the last five years? UCLA is an awesome school but their basketball program is a massive dumpster fire. I hope we don't lose a recruit to them.

Reaction Score
he was hot during the peach this summer. talking to a few recruiting writers , they say he is a steal. Also said he should be in the top 150

Reaction Score
He has said that he might visit the 29th. That game is against Washington and I would be able to confirm if he goes or not as I will be there.

I like his game a lot. I don't question his shots form as much as his shot selection but when you are your teams top player your going to have to take shots like that. I like his arsenal when he gets closer to the basket. He can pull up or drop a floater or finish with either hand. He has had a very good summer and has had about 5 games in the past month or two were he went off. Around 40 to 50pts.

Reaction Score
I'll take him. It would be nice if he was a 6'10'' double-double machine, but there aren't many of those out there for 2013 that we can realistically get. I'm of the opinion that, given our depleted roster, taking another talented guard is better than taking a project big man who we hope can contribute three years from now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
one of the best recruiting threads in a while. thanks for all the input everyone.

Reaction Score
He has said that he might visit the 29th. That game is against Washington and I would be able to confirm if he goes or not as I will be there.

I like his game a lot. I don't question his shots form as much as his shot selection but when you are your teams top player your going to have to take shots like that. I like his arsenal when he gets closer to the basket. He can pull up or drop a floater or finish with either hand. He has had a very good summer and has had about 5 games in the past month or two were he went off. Around 40 to 50pts.
I'll be there too-making the trip up from Maryland and taking my 10 yr old boy and 13 yr old girl to their first Huskies game. With everything going on lately I'm really looking forward to getting back up to Connecticut-the kids will be stoked-it's a surprise Xmas present baby!!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
On the subject of Lee, nothing would surprise me. Its pretty much UK vs FSU for Wiggins, and they are right in it with the top 3 bigs in America. In the event that Wiggins and maybe 1 or 2 of Gordon, Randle, or Johnson want to go to UK and Calipari needs to free up a scholly and Lee wants to play with Smith... Never mind, sorry.
enhanced-buzz-17103-1291507511-9.jpg

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think Terrence Samuel is better, but we'll have to wait and see. Does this mean Ollie expects a current guard to leave?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
one of the best recruiting threads in a while. thanks for all the input everyone.

Agreed. This is the kind of positive energy I am happy to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom