Reaction Score
uhugedam.jpg

Let's reel him in.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361467627.808169.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361467627.808169.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 46
Reaction Score
UConn has contacted Kendal Yancy-Harris at least a few times. They are looking for another PG just in case Napier or Boatright go pro. He has unofficially visited Texas since being partially released and he really liked it. If we decide to go after him hard they may be our top competition.

Reaction Score
UConn has contacted Kendal Yancy-Harris at least a few times. They are looking for another PG just in case Napier or Boatright go pro. He has unofficially visited Texas since being partially released and he really liked it. If we decide to go after him hard they may be our top competition.

I don't remember who posted it a couple of weeks ago, but doesn't Texas have a ton of guards signed for next year? We need to use this to our advantage. Go play at Texas where you may not see the floor your freshman year, or come here, get guaranteed playing time your first year, and maybe start if Bazz/Boat go pro. Need to get him here for a visit.

Reaction Score
I don't remember who posted it a couple of weeks ago, but doesn't Texas have a ton of guards signed for next year? We need to use this to our advantage. Go play at Texas where you may not see the floor your freshman year, or come here, get guaranteed playing time your first year, and maybe start if Bazz/Boat go pro. Need to get him here for a visit.
I just checked and they only have one commit for 2013 but he is a PG. Kendal is better than him but Texas also most likely will have Kabongo coming back and they also have Javan Felix who was their starting PG when Kabongo was out. If no one on Texas or UConn goes pro we would both have 3 PG's.

Reaction Score

If Bazz and Boat are both back next year there's not gonna be much time at the 1,2, or 3 with Omar occupying that spot.

Reaction Score
If Bazz and Boat are both back next year there's not gonna be much time at the 1,2, or 3 with Omar occupying that spot.

But for a frosh, the prospect of coming to a team that has 2 upperclassmen PGs, both of whom will likely be gone after his freshman year, that has to be appealing.

Reaction Score
But for a frosh, the prospect of coming to a team that has 2 upperclassmen PGs, both of whom will likely be gone after his freshman year, that has to be appealing.
Besides Texas, who else is heavily involved? Wasn't Missouri mentioned as well?

Reaction Score
I hope we lock him up soon so we can fully focus on 2014. Lets put this recruiting class behind us and get moving from this last challenging year. This class may not finish with a lot of high ranked kids, but I think it will surprise people.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
I think they'll be minutes for him. The very reason why Bazz and Boat stunk last game and struggle sometimes is because they don't have a dependable relief coming off the bench. This guy would of been perfect last game after it seemed that Bazz/ boat were burnt out from the
SU game. Getting him would more likely alter DD and Giffeys minutes and render Samuel to very little minutes. JMO

Reaction Score
I think they'll be minutes for him. The very reason why Bazz and Boat stunk last game and struggle sometimes is because they don't have a dependable relief coming off the bench. This guy would of been perfect last game after it seemed that Bazz/ boat were burnt out from the
SU game. Getting him would more likely alter DD and Giffeys minutes and render Samuel to very little minutes. JMO

You've never seen him play, there's no idea how he would do running an offense. Boat's a sophomore and we see how things play out offensively when he's left alone out there with no Bazz alongside him, not good. Also, not understanding your comment about not much time for Samuel when they're both regarded about the same, they're both ranked in the 100s. Finally, how's he affecting Giffey's or DD's minutes?

Reaction Score
I really hope we sign this kid and close out our class. We need another guard even with Bazz and Boat coming back, we will have minutes for him both at the 1 and 2. Why would any kid play for Rick Barnes when they could play for Kevin Ollie?

Horatio

Reaction Score
You've never seen him play, there's no idea how he would do running an offense. Boat's a sophomore and we see how things play out offensively when he's left alone out there with no Bazz alongside him, not good. Also, not understanding your comment about not much time for Samuel when they're both regarded about the same, they're both ranked in the 100s. Finally, how's he affecting Giffey's or DD's minutes?

What I stated was based upon- A. Having a third Pg to (again) give Bazz/ Boat a break at times. Not 15-20 minutes a game but a break . Sometimes KO needs to sit guys for coaching purposes, discipline , whatever. Right now behind those two you have RJ and ???

B. I don't see a better player than Omar at the 3 spot next yr . I think that most of those minutes will go to him. Off of the season he's having this year that's one of the things we could bank on. I don't see deandre or Niels being a better 3 than Omar. + Omar doesn't handle the ball that well to be a 2 at this point + I think the coach likes running with two pure pg's .

C. I looked on Rivals prior to posting and it listed Terrance Samuel as a two guard.

Again - just my opinion - JMO

Reaction Score
What I stated was based upon- A. Having a third Pg to (again) give Bazz/ Boat a break at times. Not 15-20 minutes a game but a break . Sometimes KO needs to sit guys for coaching purposes, discipline , whatever. Right now behind those two you have RJ and ???

B. I don't see a better player than Omar at the 3 spot next yr . I think that most of those minutes will go to him. Off of the season he's having this year that's one of the things we could bank on. I don't see deandre or Niels being a better 3 than Omar. + Omar doesn't handle the ball that well to be a 2 at this point + I think the coach likes running with two pure pg's .

C. I looked on Rivals prior to posting and it listed Terrance Samuel as a two guard.

Again - just my opinion - JMO

I've seen 4 complete games(non AAU), he's a PG.

Reaction Score
Yea he's a true PG. Some recruiting services have him as a SG because he's got size. However, he a PG because his best attribute is passing and his IQ. He can score but most of it is on drives.

Horatio

Reaction Score

Ok. Good . I doesn't even matter . If we get Harris and Samuel gets more playing time so be it. No one can deny that Bazz/Boat need help. I just hope we get him because having another pg would also help with defensive pressure.

Reaction Score
Here is the latest list from him today:
His list includes Connecticut, Texas, Texas A&M, Miami, Missouri, Providence, Xavier, Baylor, Auburn, Texas Tech, Arizona State, LSU, San Diego State, Virginia, Oregon, Houston, Creighton, Washington State and TCU.

Safe to say he is a long way away from deciding.

Reaction Score
Here is the latest list from him today:
His list includes Connecticut, Texas, Texas A&M, Miami, Missouri, Providence, Xavier, Baylor, Auburn, Texas Tech, Arizona State, LSU, San Diego State, Virginia, Oregon, Houston, Creighton, Washington State and TCU.

Safe to say he is a long way away from deciding.

Huge list.
Go get him KO.

Horatio

Reaction Score

By the way " ACEBOON" I forgot to thank you for informing me that you witnessed " 4 complete games" - " non aau" . Did you introduce yourself to Samuel. " Hi Terrance, I'm ACEBOON and I'll be defending your honor and dignity on the Boneyard for your entire 3-4 yrs at Uconn. Did you get to wear an official Uconn recruitment blazer with " Aceboon embroidered on it? Did you get to drive the official recruitment , non aau van? I'm a rookie on the board but how do I achieve that level of " non aau" commitment ?

Reaction Score

.......and coached by a 'young' long term NBA veteran point guard.

Reaction Score
By the way " ACEBOON" I forgot to thank you for informing me that you witnessed " 4 complete games" - " non aau" . Did you introduce yourself to Samuel. " Hi Terrance, I'm ACEBOON and I'll be defending your honor and dignity on the Boneyard for your entire 3-4 yrs at Uconn. Did you get to wear an official Uconn recruitment blazer with " Aceboon embroidered on it? Did you get to drive the official recruitment , non aau van? I'm a rookie on the board but how do I achieve that level of " non aau" commitment ?

Are you trying to be this corny on purpose? I specified non AAU because there's more organziation at the HS level. Try to come off less lame next time if you're gonna go this route.

Reaction Score
Is this what you are talking about?

Just saying we are the best program there, don't have to worry about UK or Indiana or UNC getting involved. But here is the case against Texas; They have signed 12 players the past 2 years, 7 of them guards. 4 in the ESPN100, and 4 of them are PGs. Not like he will step in and be a starter here either, but if he goes to Texas then he will be competing with two thirds of the roster. Or he can come here and be our 3rd PG/guaranteed spot in 8-man rotation.

caw

Reaction Score
Samuel has played more 2G for AAU in the past, he plays the PG for his high school team. AAU is generally less structured than high school.

Harris is also generally ranked 20-30 spots higher than Samuel, though some believe Samuel should be higher than his current ranking.

Barnes can recruit, and UT is a beautiful campus. It doesn't hurt them that Harris is from Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom