Kemba vs. Price tonight | The Boneyard

Kemba vs. Price tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Should be a fun game to watch. Both are starters this year. Go Huskies!

caw

Reaction Score
Should be a fun game to watch. Both are starters this year. Go Huskies!

Throw in Gordon and Okafor.

Kemba is up to 18.8, 3.8 rebounds, 5.8 assists, 2.8 steals and only 1.6 T/O
Ben is at 14.6, 2.4, 2.8, .4, 1.8

AJ is at 10.8, 4.0, 8.0, .6, 2.4
Emeka is at 8.6, 5.8, .4, .8, .8 and 2.2 blocks

Reaction Score
If only AJ could get those horrific shooting numbers up he would be having a pretty decent year. Crazy how AJ was the shooter and Kemba couldn't shoot and now Kemba seems to be the better shooter of the two. While he hasn't been great from 3 he's been shooting the in between pretty well whereas I've seen AJ brick a number of those that he used to knock down with ease at UConn. It's super early but if Kemba's year end averages were to hover around where there at now that would be a pretty damn good year, people always want to talk about his flaws and how he's not a natural PG but never speak on how horrible Brandon Knight is, not sure why he gets a pass.

caw

Reaction Score
If only AJ could get those horrific shooting numbers up he would be having a pretty decent year. Crazy how AJ was the shooter and Kemba couldn't shoot and now Kemba seems to be the better shooter of the two. While he hasn't been great from 3 he's been shooting the in between pretty well whereas I've seen AJ brick a number of those that he used to knock down with ease at UConn. It's super early but if Kemba's year end averages were to hover around where there at now that would be a pretty damn good year, people always want to talk about his flaws and how he's not a natural PG but never speak on how horrible Brandon Knight is, not sure why he gets a pass.

AJ was shooting it pretty well in preseason. He is 6th in the NBA in APG though. His problem is, he is a backup being forced to be a starter.

Brandon Knight is god-awful, just horrid. He's a poor mans Steph Curry. Heck I think people are jumping on Lillard too fast also. He's better than Knight though.

Reaction Score
3 of the top 10 Huskies of all time playing in one game, plus AJ? Sounds good to me.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Whichever team wins will do so starting a UConn point guard.

Reaction Score
Kemba has been very good so far. Only issue is going to be whether he can consistently hit some of these shots that he takes; he doesn't get many easy looks

Reaction Score

Yea, I think part of the problem is some of the shots he takes. Don't know why (because he never had this issue at Uconn) but AJ can force some shots.

He's gotten progressively better with that though, so maybe it's just a matter of the game slowing down for him.

AJ got the better end of Kemba last season, but in preseason Kemba outplayed him. Should be interesting.

Reaction Score
Yea, I think part of the problem is some of the shots he takes. Don't know why (because he never had this issue at Uconn) but AJ can force some shots.

He's gotten progressively better with that though, so maybe it's just a matter of the game slowing down for him.

AJ got the better end of Kemba last season, but in preseason Kemba outplayed him. Should be interesting.

Yea that's true about the foricing of shots, also an issue I've seen is him being forced to take deep 3s at the end of the shot clock, I've seen quite a few of these. Happened a couple of times in the game against the Pacers and that's the line between shooting 50% and then ending up 5/12, which isn't all that bad but if you're just looking at he boxscore you're not going to realize when some of those shots occured.

Reaction Score
I'm with you on Brandon Knight, that guy sucks. He's clearly not a point guard since he can't get anyone involved, I guess the only thing you can call him is a shooting guard that can't shoot.

caw

Reaction Score
Kemba's jumpshot from inside the arc particularly around the foul line, is much better than last year. He's also finishing near the rim (from the right side) better. His shooting is slightly worse from two areas on the court, compared to last year: behind the 3PT line and from about 15 from the the left of the hoop.

Reaction Score
Pistons should have drafted Kemba...I can't believe how the board almost blew up when Knight and Selby both commited elsewhere...turned out for the best.

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
Pistons should have drafted Kemba...I can't believe how the board almost blew up when Knight and Selby both commited elsewhere...turned out for the best.

I don't know if Knight would have hurt the team, but Selby was a train wreck in college.

H

Husk-E

I've been extremely impressed by AJ this year. looks like he might break out of his shell. This is gonna be awesome.

Reaction Score
Another brutal shooting performance by AJ.

Kemba's been solid in the little I've watched. Sessions must be awful to play with - the calls his own number as if he's Russell Westbrook.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Bradley Beal was so highly regarded? He didn't exactly set the world on fire at Florida.

Reaction Score
AJ has to be the worst shooting guard in the league by far right now

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Bradley Beal was so highly regarded? He didn't exactly set the world on fire at Florida.
A number of people said Beal was the Best shooter in the draft- the next Ray Allen. Lol. Speaking of MIA, haven't heard much from Austin Rivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom