Kemba & USA Basketball | The Boneyard

Kemba & USA Basketball

Reaction Score
Would Lowry ever be the go to guy over Kemba? I don’t watch too much NBA anymore, but I’ve seen quite a bit of both those guys and Kemba is on another level from my perspective. Is that not the prevailing view between these two among the masses?

Reaction Score
Wow. This is going to be like playing for the Hornets again for Kemba. I knew a lot of guys pulled out but I didn’t realize how weak the team is overall.

Reaction Score
Wow. This is going to be like playing for the Hornets again for Kemba. I knew a lot of guys pulled out but I didn’t realize how weak the team is overall.

Right? Without Kemba things could get dicey... They still may

Reaction Score
So, my takeaway is this may ultimately be a financial windfall for Kemba. I really don’t know a thing about merchandising. However, if China is as plugged in to the US basketball culture as the NYT article suggests, this can be an net +++ for him.

caw

Reaction Score

Still 1000x better than any hornets team. Probably worst player on the US team is better than any Hornet Kemba ever played with.

Reaction Score
Honest question: Is it even possible to recruit from China? Yao Ming, Wang Zhizhi, Menke Bateer, Yi Jianlian, Zhou Qi? All bigs. There must be others.(I wanted to use a winky emoji, but figured it’d bring confusion)

Reaction Score
Would Lowry ever be the go to guy over Kemba? I don’t watch too much NBA anymore, but I’ve seen quite a bit of both those guys and Kemba is on another level from my perspective. Is that not the prevailing view between these two among the masses?
One-time third-team all-NBA, back in 2015-16.

I think everyone thinks Kemba is better at this point. Just look at how the Raptors use him

Reaction Score
4 celtics players on the team. I wonder if any USA team--even in down years like 2019--has ever had so many players from 1 team.

It's possible that is 80% of the starting lineup. Though I think Smart is probably sixth man.

Reaction Score
4 celtics players on the team. I wonder if any USA team--even in down years like 2019--has ever had so many players from 1 team.

It's possible that is 80% of the starting lineup. Though I think Smart is probably sixth man.
As a Celtics fan I love it

Reaction Score
As a Celtics fan I love it

Agreed. Way more of an incentive to watch than normal with uconn and celtics guys on the roster. Any normal year I'll watch if it's on and I'm not busy. I'll be making time to catch the games this year

Reaction Score
Starting 5?

B Lopez
Thad Young
Middleton
Lowry
Kemba

Reaction Score
if China is as plugged in to the US basketball culture as the NYT article suggests, this can be an net +++ for him.
I lived there for two years, most of 2009, 2010 and a good chunk of 2011. They LOVE basketball over there. They also like futol (soccer) a great deal too. But a lot of the UNI students I worked with were obsessed with Kobe, Lebron, etc and had their jerseys. Some boys even named themselves after bball players when giving themselves english names. (EDIT: Most of the boys who did that named themselves Kobe, Lebron and Michael. I will try to recall other names. There were also Neymars and Messis as well.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Had a Korean friend in college. His brother was Dong Su, his father was Dong Que. His name was Carl.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom