Kemba tearing up the league! | The Boneyard

Kemba tearing up the league!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just wanted to acknowledge that Kemba has averaged over 30 ppg during the Hornets 4 game winning streak. Amazing for a point guard to score that much especially while winning games. And that end of the game winner the other night was typical KW

Reaction Score
Even though he did not get to 30 last night (only 29), he hit some really nice shots.

Prior to that, he had a streak of three straight 30 point games, which only a few have accomplished this year, and no one has 4. It would have been nice for Kemba to get to 4, but 29 was not too bad.

Reaction Score
Some cats are just born winners. Kemba is that kind of cat. He wins! He knows nothing else.

Reaction Score
His awesomeness has entered that clown Simmon's "tyson zone". If you told me Kemba wanted to quit the NBA and become a pro bowl running back, I'd probably draft him in fantasy. If he decided tomorrow he wanted to be an astronaut, they'd be fitting him for a spacesuit at NASA by the end of the week. If he decided to give up playing point and spend all of his time posting on the Boneyard, he could probably outwit Fishy and make sense of Chap's posts - he's just that good.

Reaction Score
I've lost interest in the NBA a lot in recent years, so can some one let me know if anyone drafted ahead of Kemba outperformed him other than Kyrie Irving?

Looking at stats

Brandon Knight is pretty good.
Vesley is out of league.
Biyombo is yet to produce.
Valciunas looks to be a solid role player
Tristan Thomas the same
Enes Kanter same
Derrick Williams hasn't exploded like in college
And then Kyrie.

Reaction Score
zero turnovers last night for a guy who handles the ball 80%+ of the time. His turnovers the last 3 games also low. He's playing like an all star now (which was wholly dismissed as a possibility in another thread). Certainly stepping up with key injuries to the team and is showing his true colors.

Reaction Score
I've lost interest in the NBA a lot in recent years, so can some one let me know if anyone drafted ahead of Kemba outperformed him other than Kyrie Irving?

Looking at stats

Brandon Knight is pretty good.
Vesley is out of league.
Biyombo is yet to produce.
Valciunas looks to be a solid role player
Tristan Thomas the same
Enes Kanter same
Derrick Williams hasn't exploded like in college
And then Kyrie.

It was a strange draft. A lot of talent, but most of it didn't go in the top 10. Kemba would likely be redrafted above all those guys, other than Kyrie and maybe Jonas/Knight. But, Klay, Kawhi, and Jimmy Butler would be drafted ahead of him, and he is probably on par with Parsons, Faried and Vucevic. Not to mention that I think Mirotic will be a stud.

Reaction Score
bellairehusky said:
zero turnovers last night for a guy who handles the ball 80%+ of the time. His turnovers the last 3 games also low. He's playing like an all star now (which was wholly dismissed as a possibility in another thread). Certainly stepping up with key injuries to the team and is showing his true colors.

It's still a very unlikely possibility unless a couple guys don't play. He's behind Wall, Teague, Irving, Lowry and probably Knight (since Bucks are having a better season). And that's with Rondo in the West now (and Rose off his game).

An awesome two weeks doesn't make you an All Star. But I think the potential is there for next year, and even an outside chance for this year if he has a huge rest of January.

Reaction Score
walker11 said:
It was a strange draft. A lot of talent, but most of it didn't go in the top 10. Kemba would likely be redrafted above all those guys, other than Kyrie and maybe Jonas/Knight. But, Klay, Kawhi, and Jimmy Butler would be drafted ahead of him, and he is probably on par with Parsons, Faried and Vucevic. Not to mention that I think Mirotic will be a stud.

Good point I didn't even look at those drafted below him. There is quite a bit of talent outside the top ten.

Reaction Score
Faried is not ahead of him, he seems like he could be but for some reason he hasnt excelled as he became a bigger name. If he was, the Nuggets wouldn't need so many big men getting minutes but he has a timeshare most of the year with JJ hickson

Reaction Score
Not so fast. Teague and Knight are not ahead of Kemba.

Teague is definitely ahead of Kemba, Kemba has been great lately, but you cannot overlook how he shot to begin the season. Its also pretty hard to ignore how the Hawks are playing, granted he has a better coach and a better roster, but Teague is a large part of that.

Reaction Score
donyell34 said:
Not so fast. Teague and Knight are not ahead of Kemba.

Knight is right with him in scoring and is shooting 45 percent to Kemba's 40. And the Bucks are over .500 and a playoff team at the moment. That one is debatable, and I'd take Kemba every time if given a choice, but I think the better team record usually serves as a trump card in a close race.

Teague is way ahead. Hawks have the best record in the East and he's shooting 49 percent and averaging 18 points and 7 assists a game. If you like PER, he's 22.86 and Kemba is 19.02 (Knight is 18.6).

Reaction Score
I love Kemba, but he still needs to bump up his shooting numbers. He's taking a bunch of shots (15th most in the league) and he's shooting only 40% and only 32% (19th most attempts) from 3. It's been slightly better from 2 in the last few games, and his turnover numbers are great, but you're going to win in spite of those shooting numbers, not because of them.

Reaction Score
auror said:
I love Kemba, but he still needs to bump up his shooting numbers. He's taking a bunch of shots (15th most in the league) and he's shooting only 40% and only 32% (19th most attempts) from 3. It's been slightly better from 2 in the last few games, and his turnover numbers are great, but you're going to win in spite of those shooting numbers, not because of them.

He's been better lately. He was 36 percent a month into the season. At one point SI (maybe) picked a worst player at every position and had Jennings at the point - they could have taken Kemba then.

Last few weeks without AJ and Lance, he's had to do more and maybe has been able to perform at a higher level by playing without hesitation about trying to get others the ball. Jefferson makes them a better team, but he does dominate the ball.

Reaction Score
Knight is right with him in scoring and is shooting 45 percent to Kemba's 40. And the Bucks are over .500 and a playoff team at the moment. That one is debatable, and I'd take Kemba every time if given a choice, but I think the better team record usually serves as a trump card in a close race.

Teague is way ahead. Hawks have the best record in the East and he's shooting 49 percent and averaging 18 points and 7 assists a game. If you like PER, he's 22.86 and Kemba is 19.02 (Knight is 18.6).
Knight wasn't forced to play with Lance Stephenson for a month, so it's not really a fair comparison.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
the mythical line between shooting above or below 40% for pg's is hilarious. walker had an atrocious start to the season and will continue to tear it up until jefferson comes back and completely clogs the paint. he might catch teague

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Teague definitely deserves the nod over Kemba, but I wonder what the numbers would reflect if you swapped places and installed Kemba in one of these spacing-heaven, run-and-gun machines in Atlanta or Toronto. Kyle Korver is shooting 87% from three last time I checked and playing with a pick and pop beast like Milsap has to do wonders for a guards assist numbers. Kemba has no natural pick-and-pop partners, only Williams as a floor spacer, and nobody who can play above the rim. What he's been able to do the last four games with what amounts to a scarecrow supporting cast has been damn impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom