Kemba Starting at the ASG | The Boneyard

Kemba Starting at the ASG

Reaction Score
My son texted me that Kemba was named a starter a little while ago. Thrilled that my son, a college freshman, would contact his old man with the news.

Congrats to Kemba. He works really hard and wants it as much as anyone. He is an amazing dude. I still vividly remember the pass to himself off the backboard at the XL center which fueled a comeback against then rival Georgetown. Jimmy Calhoun is smiling tonight.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Game is in Charlotte which definitely may have an influence, but i’m so happy for Kemba. There truly isn’t a better person in the league, all he does for the community and such. Great day for UConn
He deserves it. There may not be a more important player to his team in the whole league. The fact that Lamb is their second best player and they have a .500 record tells you everything about Kemba. No slight to Jeremy, he's a nice player but should never be the second best player on an NBA team.

Reaction Score
He deserves it. There may not be a more important player to his team in the whole league. The fact that Lamb is their second best player and they have a .500 record tells you everything about Kemba. No slight to Jeremy, he's a nice player but should never be the second best player on an NBA team.
So true. You look at their roster and maybe the casul NBA fan sees Batum’s name and thinks he has some good help, but he really doesn’t, and Batum is probably the 4th or 5th beat player on the team at this point. I love J Lamb, and think his game has improved incredibly, but to me he is a low tier 3rd/high 4th option on a good team. What Kemba has done is magnificent.

Reaction Score
Nice to see him rewarded. Hope he gets out of Charlotte soon.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
What I found shocking is that he has now tied Rip for 2nd place in # of All Star appearances by a Husky. Of course Ray has more than both of them, Caron and Cliff combined, but Kemba's young...

Reaction Score
Tremendous honor and well deserved, not even Ray started in all star game. Kemba's year to year progression from his high school days till now is incredible.

Reaction Score
Finally Kardiac Kemba gets back to Prime Time TV, where he belongs!! A lot of the Country will be happy to finally see him play as well. He's the college legend who is playing in 'Siberia'.

Its also customary for the home town player to be fed and led to the MVP. Kemba doesn't need much help, but it would be nice for them to continue that tradition. Would love to see Kemba hoist hardware again!

We all know Kemba will be ready, he's a big stage guy! Kemba well bring back memories to those who haven't seen him. I know its its just a ASG, but damn good thing for a damn good kid!

Reaction Score
Hes gonna go crazy during the all star game. His city, his time. MVP time!

Reaction Score
Such a legend.

It's pretty wild that for all the alumni success we've had in the NBA, Kemba is the first to start an ASG.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom