Kemba Says UConn Is More Talented Without Him | The Boneyard

Kemba Says UConn Is More Talented Without Him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No team is more talented one year after Kemba's recent season, especially if the addition (by subtraction) are freshman.

Nice try Kemba, Charlotte may need a good mayor one day.

Reaction Score
The talent is showing now more than last year, plus we have Drummond this year. We have an athletic freak show. This also explains AO's frustration.

Reaction Score
No team is more talented one year after Kemba's recent season, especially if the addition (by subtraction) are freshman.

Nice try Kemba, Charlotte may need a good mayor one day.
I don't disagree with what he's saying... first of all, you have all the same guys from last year, minus kemba, chuck and bev.... boatright is obviously more talented than bev, drummond is obviously more talented than chuck. we also added daniels, and despite his recent struggles, he is also very talented as well. That leaves just kemba... granted, "just kemba" is a big BUT.... however, when you take into account that lamb, napier and olander are all vastly improved from last year and more "talented" than last year, as well as the fact that the rest of the guys all have to at least still have the same talent level, and you could make the case that we are more talented than last year.

man for man, we have more talented players this year by at least one... we just lost an uber-talented superstar leader

remember, he didn't say they were a better team, had better chemistry, or they would win a NC... he said they had more talented players...

2010-11 2011-12
Kemba > Boat
Napier < Napier
Bev < Daniels
Lamb < Lamb
Roscoe = Roscoe
Olander < Olander
Chuck < Drummond
AO = AO
Giffey < Giffey

Reaction Score
Roscoe was better last year and Oriakhi was way better last year.

Reaction Score
Roscoe was better last year and Oriakhi was way better last year.
they played better, but they have the same "talent" as they did last year... you're talking about effort, motivation, intensity and other factors that have nothing to do with talent.... your talent level does not regress at 19 or 20..... unless you literally sit around and eat doritos every day, which college athletes cannot do with all of their required workouts... and even then, the "talent" might still be there... i think talent is similar to potential in that you could have a ton of talent and not use it/tap into it all the time...

Reaction Score
It's one thing to be a more talented team. It's an entirely different thing to realize that talent and be a better team.

You have to take into account that this team is not going to be able to win the same way it did last season. They no longer have a bail-you-out scoring machine in Kemba. What they do have are more scoring options, and arguably more and better defensive pieces.

The problem is some of the pieces aren't working as well as they did last season (Alex & Roscoe), some of new pieces are young and simply need time and experience to develop and all of the pieces need to learn how to optimally fit together.

Think of this as a collection of function gadgets that an inventor needs to tweak here, fix there and fit all together to get it to perform some great function the best way they collectively can. His apprentices just had at it for a couple weeks and got it to work okay part of the time and not go good a couple days ago. Now the master is back in the workshop and I expect his invention to get better and better each time he takes it out of the shop to see how it runs.

What invention has there ever been made that didn't have its setbacks and retooling. The problem with fans is many expect the store front model ready in January when it won't quite be ready till March. As a long time investor, I have full confidence in the inventor and his products. All I'm looking for at this stage is incremental progress that points to readying the finished product when it's needed most, March 6th at MSG.

Oh...and my mental image of this invention is one of those battle robots that pounds, grinds, cuts, slices and destroys whatever is in its path...kinda like what we saw this past year. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom