Kemba on the move..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kemba on the move.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You should have told her that the state of Ohio still makes an annual payment to the state of Connecticut for concession of the Western Reserve; a large track of land in northeast Ohio that includes Cleveland. The payments are small because, well, the land in question includes Cleveland.
I was just going to say it's even more egregious considering she lives in the New England of the West.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You should have told her that the state of Ohio still makes an annual payment to the state of Connecticut for concession of the Western Reserve;
I'm sure that would have closed the deal.

Reaction Score
Geography, even American geography, isn't Americans greatest strength. I once had a Midwestern friend ask me which state is "New England" because he looked for it and couldn't find it on a map.
I think u need smarter friends. :confused:

Reaction Score
You should have told her that the state of Ohio still makes an annual payment to the state of Connecticut for concession of the Western Reserve; a large track of land in northeast Ohio that includes Cleveland. The payments are small because, well, the land in question includes Cleveland.
I thought that Rowland sold that to Ohio.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I ran into an actual adult American at a party this week who had no idea New Mexico is an American state when i mentioned liking Santa Fe on a trip west. No joke.
I didn’t say “wow”’i think.
My understanding is they do not teach geography or history in elementary school any more let alone memorize anything. They teach social studies instead which is often sitting around in little circles discussing how they feel about things.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My understanding is they do not teach geography or history in elementary school any more let alone memorize anything. They teach social studies instead which is often sitting around in little circles discussing how they feel about things.
Actually I do mentoring 1st and 2nd graders in an “disadvantaged” neighborhood school in CT. Many kids are reading above grade level and reading books that would make certain public figures angry. Actual history The person who didn’t know New Mexico is a state is about 45 years old. I think kids do get geography. They don’t get civics. I totally agree, studying actual US history is a cool thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom