Kemba is unreal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kemba is unreal

caw

Reaction Score
Serious question as a college b-ball only fan. Is their any current NBA player as good as Kemba that was not a one and done or international player? Kemba one of the few examples of how improving in college can indeed help your career.

Leonard, Lilliard off the top of my head.

Reaction Score
Because he doesn't get talked about. By the amount they get talked about you would think Kyrie is Jordan and Kemba is Ehlo, when in actuality they are pretty much on equal footing.

Kemba is now at the point where the smart people in the NBA and NBA media are touting him as one of the most underrated players in the league. He is definitely underrated by the casual fan but he has gotten a lot of love from people like Zach Lowe, Howard Beck and CJ McCollum recently on the podcast circuit which is always nice. The guy is as loyal as they come but I hope he gets a little greedy for recognition and actually joins a contender next year.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Kemba is now at the point where the smart people in the NBA and NBA media are touting him as one of the most underrated players in the league. He is definitely underrated by the casual fan but he has gotten a lot of love from people like Zach Lowe, Howard Beck and CJ McCollum recently on the podcast circuit which is always nice. The guy is as loyal as they come but I hope he gets a little greedy for recognition and actually joins a contender next year.

Second "like".

Reaction Score
Because he doesn't get talked about. By the amount they get talked about you would think Kyrie is Jordan and Kemba is Ehlo, when in actuality they are pretty much on equal footing.
I agree but that’s probably a product of the team is on. That will change as free agency approaches.

Reaction Score
The players know:

Reaction Score

I was really surprised when he agreed to his first 4 year extension. If he bet on himself and waited 1 season, it would have earned 30-40 mil more(over the length of the deal). He surely will makes a big chunk of that back this summer.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I love Kemba but how is he underrated? He is an all star and will sign a max deal. The league knows how good he is. He is on an underrated contract he agreed to sign. That was his choice.

Really? If you asked the average fans to name great players you’d get 20-30 names before his. And most people have no idea. He gets zero publicity. Markell Fultz gets talked about more.

Reaction Score
He’s definitely underrated for a couple of reasons: 1) he got a bad reputation early in his career due to his bad shooting percentages, and 2) he plays in Charlotte.

He’s already been able to shake #1 (just like he’s done to most of his defenders this year). Let’s hope he takes care of #2 this offseason and goes to a competent franchise.

Reaction Score
Really? If you asked the average fans to name great players you’d get 20-30 names before his. And most people have no idea. He gets zero publicity. Markell Fultz gets talked about more.
Sensationalism sells. The Hornets don't provide too many provoking headlines. If Kemba went to the Lakers, not only would he take out Lonzo Ball, but we'd be hearing about him endlessly.

Reaction Score
I've had to correct sports fans who don't watch much NBA, they were thinking Kemba has been a bust because they just thought he wouldn't do much in the NBA coming in and they've never really heard his name since.

Reaction Score
Fultz gets talked about more because he is so laughably bad that he shouldn't even be in the league. Dude was the #1 pick a year ago and he literally cannot even shoot the basketball.

Reaction Score
Fultz gets talked about more because he is so laughably bad that he shouldn't even be in the league. Dude was the #1 pick a year ago and he literally cannot even shoot the basketball.

But Fultz invented the juggle free throw which has to count for something?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom