Kemba into Elite 8 of college basketball ESPN GOAT Tournament | The Boneyard

Kemba into Elite 8 of college basketball ESPN GOAT Tournament

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Based on fan voting, Kemba defeated Dwayne Wade in the Sweet 16 of fan voting yesterday. Already defeated Marcus Camby in first round and Oscar Robinson in second round (Cincy still can't make it to the second weekend). Match-up vs Shaq next for a spot in the "Final 4" of the college basketball GOATs.

Make sure to follow @sportscenter twitter to vote Kemba into the Final 4!

Reaction Score
Poor Oscar R. First he loses to Kemba after delivering 2 NCs to Cincy, and now he's married to a woman who is cheating on him with Benjamin Braddock.

Reaction Score
Based on fan voting, Kemba defeated Dwayne Wade in the Sweet 16 of fan voting yesterday. Already defeated Marcus Camby in first round and Oscar Robinson in second round (Cincy still can't make it to the second weekend). Match-up vs Shaq next for a spot in the "Final 4" of the college basketball GOATs.

Make sure to follow @sportscenter twitter to vote Kemba into the Final 4!
Can’t put college shaq up vs college Kemba

I like Shaq, a lot. I remember watching him in college... particularly several games when he was an 18-year old freshman running the floor like a gazelle. I have never seen a guy that big move that well. And he seemed to be having so much fun as he put up some monster numbers against the likes of UNLV and Duke... it was infectious. I also think it is great how he has become a very successful entrepreneur and TV personality. He seems like a really cool guy, too.

That having been said, I also remember us kicking his team's ass in the 1st round in 1991 as an 11th seed... and in 3 years at LSU his teams went a total of 2-3 in 3 Tournament Appearances, never getting past the first weekend. By contrast, Kemba's record in the NCAA Tournament was 10-1 in 2 appearances with 2 Final Fours and 1 NCAA Championship won almost entirely because of him.

I get these things are little more than popularity contests with no resemblance to actual results... but this one should be a No Contest in Kemba's favor.

Reaction Score
Only guy to win three NCAA championships. Hard to pick anyone over him.
To put him in perspective, he would have won a championship with our team this season. He was to me the greatest college basketball player ever.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
With Lew Alcindor gone, it really makes this a farce.

Three of the four are filled for me based on accomplishment of individual and their teams over the entirety of their NCAA career.

While I'm a bit too young to have seen Lew or Bill, their accomplishments are unblemished.

Alcinder
Walton
Laettner (gosh that hurts so bad to write)

Really can make a case for Kemba with two FF's and a Natty as the undisputed lead dog.
Ewing had 3 FF's- one championship over Houston and two of the most epic finals losses in NCAA history. Plus his championship was over an all-time great center in Olajuwon.

Reaction Score
These are always popularity and recency bias competitions. There really isn’t anything better for ESPN to do right now unfortunately

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Any list that doesn't have Kareem #1 is incredibly stupid.

I would say at the college level, Walton was his equal in terms of accomplishments and impact. And I'm a big fan of Alcinder's career as a collegiate and a pro. If anything I think he is more underrated as a pro than as a collegian. I think any list that doesn't have him top 3 all-time in NBA is already suspicious. I put him just behind Jordan and Magic.

Reaction Score
I would say at the college level, Walton was his equal in terms of accomplishments and impact. And I'm a big fan of Alcinder's career as a collegiate and a pro. If anything I think he is more underrated as a pro than as a collegian. I think any list that doesn't have him top 3 all-time in NBA is already suspicious. I put him just behind Jordan and Magic.
Walton was a beast and can be argued as second best ever but Kareem won everything for all three years of varsity, 3 National Championships, 3 player of the year, and 3 final 4 mvp. Walton won all of that for 2 of his 3 years of varsity.

Reaction Score
I'm so confused by this tournament. I've seen so many matchups where they show the final result and a player won, but then in the next round, the player who lost is there...

Reaction Score
I'm so confused by this tournament. I've seen so many matchups where they show the final result and a player won, but then in the next round, the player who lost is there...
horrendous user experience design execution for espn investing so much time into it. you have to navigate between multiple web pages and 2 different platforms to try and figure out what's going on

Reaction Score
horrendous user experience design execution for espn investing so much time into it. you have to navigate between multiple web pages and 2 different platforms to try and figure out what's going on
yeah, you would think with ESPN running it, it would be smoothly run. I can't keep up and kinda gave up on it. Plus it's just a popularity contest which sucks. I saw that Kemba moved on but remember him losing, went back to their Twitter and it still says D-Wade. It was a fun idea when it started but they let it fall apart.

Reaction Score
yeah, you would think with ESPN running it, it would be smoothly run. I can't keep up and kinda gave up on it. Plus it's just a popularity contest which sucks. I saw that Kemba moved on but remember him losing, went back to their Twitter and it still says D-Wade. It was a fun idea when it started but they let it fall apart.
Because ESPN ran it it's been a disaster. Now that we are hitched to Fox Sports I'm rooting for ESPN to go away forever.

Reaction Score
No offense to dwade but come on Kemba has an extra final four and where wade lead his team all the way to the final four Kemba finished the deal.....why bother

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom