Kemba Injured.. it might be bad | The Boneyard

Kemba Injured.. it might be bad

Reaction Score
Not sure how many of you are watching the Celts. Kemba just ran into his team Semi Ojeleye and went down hard. Some kind of neck injury.. He was down for a good 5 or 6 minutes and got taken off the court strapped to the backboard.

Send some mojo his way. Speedy recovery Kardiac!

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
The worst part for me, just speculation, is he didn’t even give a thumbs up sign. Damn, hope it’s not major... optics don’t look good though

Reaction Score
Worst case scenario is a burst fracture of the cervical vertebrae which can cause paralysis and may require immediate surgery if stabilization is needed. Definitely didn’t seem like a concussion. He had his head down hitting a stationary object and dropped immediately.
Mechanism very unlikely for a burst fx

Reaction Score
Worst case scenario is a burst fracture of the cervical vertebrae which can cause paralysis and may require immediate surgery if stabilization is needed. Definitely didn’t seem like a concussion. He had his head down hitting a stationary object and dropped immediately.

Reaction Score
The worst part for me, just speculation, is he didn’t even give a thumbs up sign. Damn, hope it’s not major... optics don’t look good though
It’s not like he appeared to go flaccid anywhere, not even his arms. He eased himself down to the floor. We will see what happens, but that’s a positive sign

You don’t need to hit someone on the jaw extremely hard to alter their level of consciousness for some period of time (think of a well placed jab). It’s not like a head hitting a car windshield or something.The rotational force from the blow to the jaw causes torque and this happens around the area of the brain that governs wakefulness. When nerves in that area are “stretched” during said torque, you see the change in consciousness. So I don’t think this is an outright TBI

Reaction Score
Positive in a medical context or positive in a good news context?
Positive in a good sense.....but yes I hear ya.....should hear more today
#NEBHInjuryReport Following testing at a Denver hospital, Kemba Walker has been released to rejoin the team for its return to Boston. He will be re-evaluated tomorrow and further updates will be provided as appropriate.

Reaction Score
?

Weird choice of words.
Nobody outside the medical field would tweet about “positive” (as in present/remarkable) results of a diagnostic work-up.

BTW, everyone, just using logic, he wouldn’t be returning to the team if there was any indication that he had an SCI

Reaction Score
They were testing whether his head was still attached. It was. The test result was positive.
Another WEIRD choice of words - I get attached to his spinal column... but sounds a little too Ichabod Crane

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom