Kemba has 28 in loss to lakers | The Boneyard

Kemba has 28 in loss to lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ben 4 pts and Adrian DNP but good to see Jeff in the NBA.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
That streak of close losses by the Bobcats totally derailed them. Good to see Kemba continuing his strong play.

caw

Reaction Score
Bobcats are much better than last year, but they need some help down low. Hayward's production has plummeted recently. They are still a long ways off, but they need to continue to build with the core they have. I think Henderson and Gordon are their only expendable trade assets right now.

I wouldn't give up on any of the young players (MKG, Kemba, Mullens, Taylor, Bismark) or picks.

This would be a great draft for them to get another big man. Shame their previous GM traded away their second round pick EDIT: forgot that was to get Mullens, so not a bad trade.

Kidd-Gilchrist needs to do whatever Kemba did with his jumper this past summer, because he needs to be a threat from three.

Reaction Score
They need to get rid of Henderson immediately. All he is doing is taking away minutes from BG and Sessions. They are better than last year, but down low they are still garbage. I wouldn't trade their young core either; they should try and deal Henderson and Tyrus in a package

Reaction Score
Mkg doesn't need to be a threat from three that's not his game . Improving his jumper sure . I'm not sure they have trade assets they should just draft well again next year and hope mullens gets better . Like how Taylor's playing you can tell hell be in the league for a long time

caw

Reaction Score
Mkg doesn't need to be a threat from three that's not his game . Improving his jumper sure . I'm not sure they have trade assets they should just draft well again next year and hope mullens gets better . Like how Taylor's playing you can tell hell be in the league for a long time

You can't pass up open threes in the NBA because "that's not [your] game." In the NBA you need to have players at the 1-2-3 that are at least threats from three. I'm not saying I want him to turn into a 3-pt gunner, but he needs to be capable of hitting a kick out pass or any open three. It kills spacing when you have someone at that position who can't or won't take a three pointer.

MKG has taken 2 threes through 24 games, that is just not acceptable because it means he is passing up open shots. Of course he is passing them up because he can't hit them, which is why he needs to work on his 3-PT shot.

Even Wade takes about .5 threes per game in his lowest output from three and only hits 30%, but it's enough to keep the defense honest. MKG is so scared to take a three he doesn't even consider it, which allows the defense to give him more space and help more on other players.

EDIT: Charlotte does try to adjust by having Mullens take a lot of threes, but that's not going to work in the long term. He's no Dirk and he is actually pretty good downlow, when he isn't camped at the three point line.

They need to get rid of Henderson immediately. All he is doing is taking away minutes from BG and Sessions. They are better than last year, but down low they are still garbage. I wouldn't trade their young core either; they should try and deal Henderson and Tyrus in a package

It seems like they are trying to showcase Henderson for a trade. I can't imagine they are thinking of keeping him when Jeffrey Taylor brings a lot of what Henderson does but is a ton cheaper. Henderson won't bring a lot in a trade though, he's a free agent after this year. Maybe a second rounder or late first. Not sure who could use him though, maybe Brooklyn? Milwaukee?

Reaction Score
You know what else kills spacing ? Having inept big men . If mkg was on the heat he would make more threes. I don't think there are a lot of open shots in the bobcats offense IMO . But I do agree he needs to tighten his jumper up. something like Gerald Wallace you know ?

Reaction Score
This team needs to suck this year.

They need more threats. I'm not sure any of their players are All Stars, or will be All Stars in the next few years. Even Kemba. He's in a conference with Rondo, Rose, and Irving (he's better than Knight, Wall, and pretty much all other PGs in the East right now, though).

Therefore, suck. Get a good lottery pick. Maybe get a big that can make a difference, and in 3 years or so they're competing at a high level.

Reaction Score
Honestly the most important year to suck is next year , with a loaded '14 draft. A slough of all stars and potential superstars in that draft , not so much 2013 IMO . randle looks like a young in shape zbo

caw

Reaction Score
You know what else kills spacing ? Having inept big men . If mkg was on the heat he would make more threes. I don't think there are a lot of open shots in the bobcats offense IMO . But I do agree he needs to tighten his jumper up. something like Gerald Wallace you know ?

I agree, I wasn't trying to imply MKG was the only player that needed improvements, just pointing out the thing he needs to work on the most. I do think Mullens has some potential on the low-block, but Bismark has Oriakhi hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom