Kemba & Free Agency | The Boneyard

Kemba & Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't low ball Walker. Can't just replace him with Lin and think everything's gravy . He will put up better numbers this year and warrant ten mill . For a guy to compete the way he did on those horrible bobcat teams is something else , nobody knows how he will play with more perimeter talent . Makes little sense to also trade for a disgruntled Bledsoe

"The collective bargaining agreement has turned every free-agency period into a drunken orgy." Ha

Reaction Score
Since it's not my money either way, I just hope Kemba gets away from Charlotte. Al Jefferson, MKG and Stephenson is no kind of future in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Solid article, I always enjoy Zach Lowe's writing. Hopefully Kemba can improve his stock this year.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I accept the premise that Kemba isn't at least as good as Jrue Holiday.

Reaction Score
Ya gotta love seeing a guy like Kemba who played all four years get paid. Coach Calhoun has always said that the draft spot is only small part of it and that it's more about the $$$ in the second contract and beyond. It's great knowing that Kemba is about to set he and his family up for life.

Reaction Score
Uconn93 said:
Ya gotta love seeing a guy like Kemba who played all four years get paid. Coach Calhoun has always said that the draft spot is only small part of it and that it's more about the $$$ in the second contract and beyond. It's great knowing that Kemba is about to set he and his family up for life.

Kemba only played 3 years.

Reaction Score
Ya gotta love seeing a guy like Kemba who played all four years get paid. Coach Calhoun has always said that the draft spot is only small part of it and that it's more about the $ in the second contract and beyond. It's great knowing that Kemba is about to set he and his family up for life.

How do people, particularly UConn fans, keep making this mistake?

Reaction Score
Hope they don't sign him & the Knicks get involved… Probably can't happen, cap-wise, but Knick tix would be at even a bigger premium if Kemba came back home. Knicks can certainly use a PG.
I know I'd love to go to MSG to watch him play...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hope they don't sign him & the Knicks get involved… Probably can't happen, cap-wise, but Knick tix would be at even a bigger premium if Kemba came back home. Knicks can certainly use a PG.
I know I'd love to go to MSG to watch him play...

Do you want to kill the kid's career?

Reaction Score
Do you want to kill the kid's career?
I know it's selfish on my part to wish Kemba on the Knicks, but how awesome would it be if he succeeded in New York?

The UCONN connection would be great. Would love to see UCONN jerseys all over MSG during Knicks games.

Not happening but fun to dream………….

Reaction Score
not really sure Kemba is the greatest fit for the triangle, which is what the Knicks are running now.

Reaction Score
Kemba also graduated in 3 yrs. Show me another NYC kid playing in the NBA who did that.!!!!! He was followed by a Boston kid who was all world and also has a ring and a sheepskin. We can be sure KO is telling both stories when meeting recruits.:):):):):)

Reaction Score
The Knicks thing won't happen , Phil Jackson likes big guards. His best move would be to stay, Charlotte is getting better w their young talent.

Reaction Score
Should be an interesting year for him. Lance Stephenson may not be a superstar but he's a hell of a lot more help on the perimeter than Kemba has had in the past.

Reaction Score
Since it's not my money either way, I just hope Kemba gets away from Charlotte. Al Jefferson, MKG and Stephenson is no kind of future in the NBA.

I don't know about this premise. They were a solid team last year that should be even better this year with Stephenson in the mix and their young guys taking another step forward (the east being a disaster also doesn't hurt). It's unlikely he'll ever seriously contend there, but in a place like Charlotte you can't screw up a key draft (2012) and expect things to fall your way. All in all, though, there are worse places to be, and having been through the rubble of 2011 and '12 probably makes any future winning more satisfying.

Overall, it's a good, fair article, but I think he's worth between 8 and 10 million - "league average starting point guard" isn't exactly an insult in todays landscape, and you can't plug in somebody like Beverly or Lin and expect to lose nothing (Charlotte offenses were far less effective with Walker on the bench last season).

Reaction Score
IMO bobcats desperately need a taj gibson clone, a defensive 4 who can guard pnr's. like who is the starter there? vonleh too young/foul prone. Also the defensive 4 can guard opposing teams best post player, letting big al get a rest. is it zeller? Haven't seen it yet.

Its also quite possible lance takes another leap to near super star. its slim, but if he hunts for more 3pt shots he could. as long as he doesn't brick them like henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom