Kemba back in Storrs | The Boneyard

Kemba back in Storrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure if he's just visiting or anything on official business. Saw that he posted this on his FB

Kemba Walker
Nothin better then the smell of good ole Storrs. CT. UCONN!!!!!!

Reaction Score
The business decision to leave UConn and enter the NBA draft was an interesting one. No reasonable person could disagree that the timing was perfect. National Championship and the leader of one of the most improbable runs in NCAA history. His heart though may be saying "Man WTF would this team be like if I was running the point 1 more year?" The answer? A repeat...:D

Reaction Score
I was hoping that with the lock out he could spend some time with the team this year. They will miss him on the floor but to have him around working with the young pups would be amazing. Unlike having someone like Ray come in which has star value ect... Kemba is just a great teacher and motivator- it has to be a good thing and more helpful to us (because it is Kemba) then having blue jesus show up at Uk for a few days as an example.

Reaction Score
I was hoping that with the lock out he could spend some time with the team this year. They will miss him on the floor but to have him around working with the young pups would be amazing. Unlike having someone like Ray come in which has star value ect... Kemba is just a great teacher and motivator- it has to be a good thing and more helpful to us (because it is Kemba) then having blue jesus show up at Uk for a few days as an example.

You bring up a good point. The lockout will likely allow KW to practice and workout with the current players up to the official start of the season. He probably can't be on the floor during the limited coaches' lead sessions that are allowed by the NCAA during the pre-season, but other than that 2 or so hours a week, I'm sure Kemba can do whatever he wants to.

Not a bad guy to have around when recruits come visiting. Not sure what type of contact he's allowed while a recruit is on campus officially or unofficially. I'm assuming there's not restrictions there either. How can you prevent a recruit from accidentally running into KW, Ray Allen, etc.

Although, and obviously so, we'd all rather have KW back for another season, this is the next best thing.

Reaction Score
I do believe 2-3 recruits are visiting shortly. Wouldn't hurt to have Kemba stop by to say hello.
Big question is did Kemba complete his requirements fo his degree this summer?

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I do believe 2-3 recruits are visiting shortly. Wouldn't hurt to have Kemba stop by to say hello.
Big question is did Kemba complete his requirements fo his degree this summer?

Let's hope that if he didn't, he is doing it now while on campus. We don't need another APR hit!

Reaction Score
Didn't he participate in graduation ceremonies?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I didn't see any of those guys today. I did see Roscoe on my way up the hill towards Garrigus (the suites in hilltop for those who forget/attended before they were built). I was right behind him basically and for some reason it didn't feel like I was behind a 6'8" guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom