Kelsey Plum | The Boneyard

Kelsey Plum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Her dribbling is sensational. She uses a jabbing motion, so the ball is back in her hands almost the instant it hits the floor. That allows her to move wherever she wants to go in just about any direction w/out seeming to hesitate. Probably has as good court vision as anyone playing. Her movement reminds me of a fencer who jabs, jabs, then strikes. Number 13 for Syracuse also has an almost uncanny ability to release her shot. I'm impressed with both and looking forward to seeing more of them on Sunday. Unless UConn loses tomorrow, and I'm busy making funeral preparations.

Reaction Score
I think my first posting here was to report that I saw Kelsey Plum play vs Cal in January and concluded she is the real deal. Now everyone gets a chance to see her play!

Reaction Score
She's quite something as a BB player and very adorable. For those who remember him, her style of play to me is reminiscent of UCLA's Gail Goodrich.

Reaction Score
The way she attacks the basket is reminiscent of Lindsay Whalen when she was with the Golden Gophers!

Reaction Score
Jackie Stiles as a comparable, while having a chance to show off her passing skills more, maybe?

Reaction Score
We on the West Coast love that Plum is reppin' the Pac-12 well, but some think she's a little...sneaky, and gets away with a couple things with refs, like an occasional travel. Very Whalen-like, but perhaps not quite as quick, but she can drain the 3-ball which is a shot Whalen no longer takes. She was "only" ranked about #26 by the end of HS (was ranked even lower before that), but she's been slaying since day 1 at UW. Not sure if many schools outside the Pac-12 recruited her that hard. Seems she was slept on a bit despite playing for Candice Wiggins's HS and AAU team IIRC.

Reaction Score
Two of UW's bigger players have really stepped up. Chantel Osahor, about 6'3" and wide, is a very odd player. She shoots the three flat-footed (like a free throw). Though lots of size, she can run the floor quite well. Has always been a great passing post, but she's been wreaking havoc on the boards. She was a key teammate of UConn's Courtney Ekmark in Arizona when they were the #1 team nationally. A lot of college coaches thought Courtney Walton (6'2" forward at Louisville) would be the better prospect than Osahor, as many teams didn't recruit Osahor b/c they worried about mobility and conditioning. But she's been great this tournament. She was always a fan favorite on the West Coast in HS.

Then Talia Walton, a senior or RS-sr, put up 30 points. 6'2" and has a power forward body, but always been a legit 3-point shooter. Not unheard of in HS, but definitely under the radar. IIRC, she was ranked just outside the top 100.

UW's Katie Collier started the McD's AA game as a 6'3" center. She was a top 25 recruit out of HS, but battled leukemia at the end of HS then tore her ACL. She was as real thoroughbred in HS, but understandably her potential has been inhibited, but she's holding her own playing most of the games and starting for UW.

#7 player from 2016 Destiny Slocum of Idaho committed early to UW before de-committing and picking Maryland. I'm sure that made the win over Maryland in round #2 extra sweet for UW.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kelsey will blow through Chiney's Pac-12 career scoring record and likely pass 3,000 points. If she gets enough games, she could challenge Stiles' record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom