Kelsey Plum to University of Arkansas? | The Boneyard

Kelsey Plum to University of Arkansas?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wish Kelsey good fortune, but I do not see her as an Olympic point guard. She can prove me wrong and I'll be happy.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Going to UA as Grad Asst

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Going to UA as Grad Asst

I guess that means she is going for her Masters?

Reaction Score
Exciting, can't wait to get back on track for the Olympics.

But Bengaluru? I think Bangalore hasn't been called that in a century, except maybe by academics. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
March 18th? Will Kelsey be ready to go? I think her achilles rupture was in May, that's well less than a year. I think Stewie had a full year plus a little bit to rehab her similar injury.

Reaction Score
March 18th? Will Kelsey be ready to go? I think her achilles rupture was in May, that's well less than a year. I think Stewie had a full year plus a little bit to rehab her similar injury.

That date was last year for the qualifying tournament. Hard to say when she’d have to be ready by next year, but it seems like she’s ahead of schedule.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Exciting, can't wait to get back on track for the Olympics.

But Bengaluru? I think Bangalore hasn't been called that in a century, except maybe by academics. :rolleyes:
I don't know if this is a joke or genuine question...but I'm taking it as genuine question.
As of November 2014, India officially changed the name to Bengaluru (pre-British occupation it was Bendakalooru). So, the author of the article is being correct. Similar to the Mumbai/Bombay name update. Many cities in India have changed their names since the British withdrew.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this is a joke or genuine question...but I'm taking it as genuine question.
As of November 2014, India officially changed the name to Bengaluru (pre-British occupation it was Bendakalooru). So, the author of the article is being correct. Similar to the Mumbai/Bombay name update. Many cities in India have changed their names since the British withdrew.
Looks like I'm wrong. My last trip to Bangalore was in early 2014. My work still takes me to Hyderabad every couple years and Bangalore is a frequent topic of conversation since it's a popular destination for a weekend trip. For whatever reason folks still call it Bangalore. I've never heard someone use Bombay. that's always Mumbai.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Looks like I'm wrong. My last trip to Bangalore was in early 2014. My work still takes me to Hyderabad every couple years and Bangalore is a frequent topic of conversation since it's a popular destination for a weekend trip. For whatever reason folks still call it Bangalore. I've never heard someone use Bombay. that's always Mumbai.

Yeah, Bombay is old news at this point. Hasn't been the official name since '95. I believe the name changes are for the same reasons, to de-anglicize the city names. Might take longer for the name Bengaluru to catch on in our hyper-connected world.

Reaction Score
I wish Kelsey good fortune, but I do not see her as an Olympic point guard. She can prove me wrong and I'll be happy.
I don’t either. I think the new guards will be Chelsea Gray and Skylar Diggins. Of course Diana and Sue will be on the roster whether they can play or not. So that would be 4. —Griner, Aja Wilson, Nneka, Tina, Stewie, McCoughtry, Delle Donne make 11. I know Maya has said that she would sit out but the Olympics have been pushed back a year so that’s another spot. I think the last spot will be Stef Dolson. Or Seimone or Odyssey. I don’t see her making the team.

Reaction Score
Couple of more players I thought of after I made the post Napheesa, Loyd, McBride, Sabrina (who will probably certainly make the team just because of all the attention she has gotten the past few years), Chennedy Carter, Ogunbowale....

Reaction Score
People seem to continue to misunderstand. Plum is going to the Olympics as part of the 3 x 3 event (presuming she has healed), not the full national team event.

Reaction Score
I forgot Sylvia Fowles who would be number 12 before I started doing all that rambling.

Reaction Score
People seem to continue to misunderstand. Plum is going to the Olympics as part of the 3 x 3 event (presuming she has healed), not the full national team event.
Oh I definitely didn’t read the article. Thanks for correcting me. I still don’t see on her the national team though.

Reaction Score
She is not in the 538 Eastern Conference list ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom