Kelsey Mitchell Approaching KML's NCAA Record | The Boneyard

Kelsey Mitchell Approaching KML's NCAA Record

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I kind of figured when Mitchell came back for her senior year she would catch KML. However I’m not sure she will catch Plum for all time leading scorer.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
KLM had a team around her, 4 other more than competent teammates that also scored a lot of points on the court with her. KLM wasn't the majority of the team's offense like Mitchell has been since day 1. I think being a team player, KLM's record will always stand by itself.

Reaction Score
KLM had a team around her, 4 other more than competent teammates that also scored a lot of points on the court with her. KLM wasn't the majority of the team's offense like Mitchell has been since day 1. I think being a team player, KLM's record will always stand by itself.

Exactly. More or less the same can be said about Plum's record as all time leading scorer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I kind of figured when Mitchell came back for her senior year she would catch KML. However I’m not sure she will catch Plum for all time leading scorer.
Yeah, I thought Kelsey would go to the pros and leave Kaleena's record out there for Lou to break it. But when Kelsey announced that she was coming back, I figured the record would be toast. She should finish at close to 500.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Yeah, I thought Kelsey would go to the pros and leave Kaleena's record out there for Lou to break it. But when Kelsey announced that she was coming back, I figured the record would be toast. She should finish at close to 500.
Probably the main (if not the only) reason for her decision to come back.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Probably the main (if not the only) reason for her decision to come back.
Could be. She also has a shot at Kelsey Plum’s record, but she’ll need a lot of games for that.

Also, the Final Four is in Columbus, but OSU would be a longshot to make it, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
KML,lol. Dont feel bad I wrote MLK one time! Must have been thinking about Martin Luther King.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
KML,lol. Dont feel bad I wrote MLK one time! Must have been thinking about Martin Luther King.
Oops. Now I really feel like a dumbsh*t. I could blame it on auto fill in, but I think it was actually my typing.
And to think, I was going to rip a post because they used Stuart but hopefully I deleted it when I thought to do that.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Exactly. More or less the same can be said about Plum's record as all time leading scorer.

I know people like to think Plum was a gunner that shot the ball every time she touched it, but she did have over 500 assists in her career and she played 2 years alongside the #2 scorer in UW history and 3 years alongside the #5 scorer in school history. If the #1, #2 and #5 scorers in school history played 2-3 years together, it's simply impossible that Plum shot the ball every possession. Somehow some other players were hoisting plenty of shots.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Mitchell nailed 7 three's today and became the new career record holder.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Does anyone really think that a player would make a major life decision just to chase a record that most people don’t care about? She probably returned because she likes being a student and player at the university. And I’m sure she would like to get to a FF.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Does anyone really think that a player would make a major life decision just to chase a record that most people don’t care about? She probably returned because she likes being a student and player at the university. And I’m sure she would like to get to a FF.
Then she should have gone to UCONN and forgone the hiring of her father by tOSU... :)

All joking aside, I don't see OSU as a final 4 team. I could see them making the elite 8, but at this time there are at least 5-6 teams I'd put ahead of them. We will see how the rest of the season plays out...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom