Kelly Faris | The Boneyard

Kelly Faris

Reaction Score
farispres.jpg

Reaction Score
You can see Kia and Xu are very good teammates in this video.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was surprised to see Kelly in this game... I hope she sticks with the team...

I was at the game. I do not see Kelly making the team. She just does not initiate offense. Also had a thick pad around her hip area on the bench. Not sure what is up with that.

Other Observations

Durr had a rough 3Q with some real nerves but settled down in Q4

Xu is fun to watch. Nice moves around the basket with a nice hook as well. Nice to see a center who likes to play in the post. Multiple Alley Oops and as she got more relaxed started to become more of a defensive force. And her teammates really seem to like her. And she makes her FT's

Cuevas Moore is very fast and has a good handle and can turn the corner on occasion. Seems to play under control. Did not shoot any jumpers

Kia Nurse is a stud and is relentless driving to the basket with enough misdirection to open up crevices.

Tina is Tina but was in constant foul trouble. Glad she did not look for too many threes.

No one else made an impression to me so I suppose the year will be long.

Reaction Score
I saw game. Six nine is six nine. Han will be a force. Kia looks to have great year.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. I do not see Kelly making the team. She just does not initiate offense. Also had a thick pad around her hip area on the bench. Not sure what is up with that.

Other Observations

Durr had a rough 3Q with some real nerves but settled down in Q4

Xu is fun to watch. Nice moves around the basket with a nice hook as well. Nice to see a center who likes to play in the post. Multiple Alley Oops and as she got more relaxed started to become more of a defensive force. And her teammates really seem to like her. And she makes her FT's

Cuevas Moore is very fast and has a good handle and can turn the corner on occasion. Seems to play under control. Did not shoot any jumpers

Kia Nurse is a stud and is relentless driving to the basket with enough misdirection to open up crevices.

Tina is Tina but was in constant foul trouble. Glad she did not look for too many threes.

No one else made an impression to me so I suppose the year will be long.
Still waiting on Bria Hartley, Kiah Stokes, and Marine Johannes. I'm curious about Johannes. She's a guard on the French National Team and a prolific scorer. The Liberty may have the pieces to make the playoffs this year but I think the ability to develop team chemistry with all these different players will be key. And if Kia can play at a top level with consistency this year, there's no question The Liberty will be there. She seems to thrive on responsibility as was seen in her Australian play. They've jettisoned a few guards who were gunners, which should enable them to better play as a team. Not to mention Han has the potential to be a huge difference maker. I agree about Kelly, which is too bad, but I hope we're wrong. Maybe the new owner is a UCONN fan. He should be.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I saw game. Six nine is six nine. Han will be a force. Kia looks to have great year.

Perhaps she will be a force, but I think we already knew she was better than the rest of the women on the Chinese National Team.

I'll be interested to see how she does against WNBA competition.

Reaction Score
I hope she works out because in the pro game, Tina is best at the 4 working with a good 5 partner. Stokes can be that person for awhile but they need another to get through a whole game.

Reaction Score
Kelly definitely hustled and got on the floor for the Liberty. Fantastic worker. She is a Katie Smith type player, not in offense, but in her overall game.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom