Kelly Faris named to early Naismith Watch List | The Boneyard

Kelly Faris named to early Naismith Watch List

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I looked, I didn't see this posted. Kelly Faris, the mostly unsung hero because she does so much but not the flashy stuff such as scoring big, finally gets recognition she most certainly deserves.

KML via Rich Elliott:
“Kelly is … I would say she’s our best player,’’ UConn sophomore Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis said. “She doesn’t score the most points, but Kelly does all the intangible things. I personally think that if anybody were to ever want to play on a Connecticut basketball team you need to play like Kelly Faris. If you can’t score, if you play like Kelly Faris you’re going to start and you’re going to play and you’re going to do all the things that Coach wants you to do and you’re going to be a great player here at Connecticut.
“I’m always going to remember Kelly Faris just for how hard she works. She may not have all the awards and stuff like that, but it’s nice to see people actually recognizing the work that she’s doing. I just try to emulate her. And I think that’s the best person I could ever try to emulate here at Connecticut.’’

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
oops..I didn't look hard enough...there is a thread way back on this .
Apologies....

well, Kelly deserves her own thread

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kelly was Kaleena's lifting partner. She's a good influence on KML, as Maya was a good influence on Tina.

It is nice to see Kelly get recognition. Doug Bruno called her one of the top players in the league. And Doug knows his stuff.

Reaction Score
Fantastic. Just last nightWe were just watching our tape of last year's playoff game with PSU, and Kelly was simply mighty......doing EVERYTHING including tickling the nets with virtually evey shot she took. All over the place and all of the floor (burns) and all over the opposition.

And, good for Kaleena give that well-deserved tip o the cap.

Reaction Score
I don't know Ucon the way that most of you do but from what I hear about Kelly it's great that she is getting recognition. Players like her who often have a major impact on teams unfortunately go unseen by most observers. One thing I would like to say about KLM, aside from her basketball skills she appears to have the ability to recognize the intangables that make up a winning team. My perspective isn't only based on this quote but from others that she has made in the past up to and including her high school years. This rare ability to not only recognize, but to value those intangables highly might make her an outstanding coach someday.

Reaction Score
Willtalk took the words out of my mouth. The people who picked Kelly should be congratulated. And as much as Kelly knows how much she is valued by her coaches, teammates and fans, it still must be nice to receive the national recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom