Kelly Faris In a Fight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kelly Faris In a Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I did! I read about them in my favorite magazine, "Modern Caveman." I was skeptical at first, but wow, what an invention. I can see great! I think these little things just might catch on. You might want to consider investing in this emerging industry.
Fifty or sixty years ago it was an emerging industry. I went with today's completely safe 'Eye Replacement' . I went with the upgrades in distance , night vision , and variable eye color. The cost was a bit more , but it was worth every penny. My vision has never been better . I would suggest that one stay away from the x-ray and laser options , too many problems due to melting. My next replacement I am looking into is my brain.
I am deciding between the model from 'Abbynormal Corp ' or 'Acme' , whichever offers free shipping.

Reaction Score
Kelly is my favorite UCONN women's player of all time. From the moment she stepped on the court during her freshman season in a very early season game I attended vs. Texas, you could instantly see in the first minute of her time on the court that she was a complete, fundamentally sound player. She knew intuitively where she needed to be on the court at all times. I also saw a very early season game in person vs. TX A&M when Jefferson and Stewart were freshmen, and they did not have anywhere near the court presence that Kelly had at the same stage of her career. They certainly both became better players than Kelly over time, but not because of anything to do with fundamentals, just greater overall talent.

That said, in the pros you need to at least be a threat to score the ball, even if you are an A+ defender and have other skills (excellent free throw shooter, rebounder, etc.), and all the intangibles. A lock down defender,
if that's all you can do, is a luxury only great teams can probably afford. Good, mediocre and bad teams need five players on the floor at all times that are at least a threat to score. Otherwise, the opposition can slough off on one offensive player and double up on the best scorer.

Regardless, I have no doubt she will do everything she can to make the roster. She always seemed to need more confidence in her offensive game. She probably needs to just let it rip.

I too have always thought that Kelly's problems on offense stemmed from a lack of confidence, not lack of ability. I agree, she needs to just let it fly every chance she gets.

Reaction Score
I don't think Anneika Henry was part of the Williams deal. I seem to recall she was an free agent who the Dream chose not to resign. I tried to confirm this definitively but have failed so far.

Williams went for the #4. Henry was signed as a free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom