Kelly and Kaleena | The Boneyard

Kelly and Kaleena

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just a few highlights of season stats:

Kelly is shooting a ridiculous .606 from the floor, including .485 from the arc. She also has a gaudy A/TO ratio of 47:10. She's averaging 9.8 ppg. Would an average of 10.0 or more help her AA candidacy?

Kaleena, once again our leading scorer, is shooting treys at a .532 clip after her 5-9 performance today. It's as if that's her job. :)

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I didn't want to detract from the great play by Doty this game but there was a moment during the game that I once again marveled a the pure basketball instinct that Kelly has to go along with her unmatched hustle.

Watch her in this play. She's guarding a post player and is well away from the play on the perimeter. Somehow like a shark she senses the blood when the perimeter player picks up her dribble and leaves her man down low and glides up to intercept the pass and go full court for a layup. She is just a stud basketball player.

Reaction Score
I didn't want to detract from the great play by Doty this game but there was a moment during the game that I once again marveled a the pure basketball instinct that Kelly has to go along with her unmatched hustle.

Watch her in this play. She's guarding a post player and is well away from the play on the perimeter. Somehow like a shark she senses the blood when the perimeter player picks up her dribble and leaves her man down low and glides up to intercept the pass and go full court for a layup. She is just a stud basketball player.

Good start, now send us the rest of the game!!!!!!!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Watching Kelly these last few years, and especially this year with her confidence in her shooting makes me wonder how UConn will fare once this wunderkind graduates. As Biff's clip demonstrates, she is simply everywhere and does everything. I will be most sad to see her go...so I will enjoy every minute that she is playing as a UConn Husky

Reaction Score

Thanks, Biff, almost supernatural anticipation.... she breaks for the ball before the pass is initiated.

Reaction Score
Thanks for pointing that out Biff. It's obvious she analyzed the situation and knew exactly where the pass HAD to go. I also think she hid behind one of those trees just before the interception. :p

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Thanks for pointing that out Biff. It's obvious she analyzed the situation and knew exactly where the pass HAD to go. I also think she hid behind one of those trees just before the interception. :p

I think what Klaatu, er.... Biff is saying is that with Kelly, "Resistance is futile."

:D

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think we will have a great team next year, but there is no doubt that we will really miss both Kelly and CD.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
One other O.T. point I noticed about Kelly this game....whatever Nike model shoes they are now wearing (at least with their blues) seems to be acceptable to Kelly's feet. For once, she is wearing the same shoe as the rest of the team. I'm sure that this pleases the boys down at Nike. I'll have to look at the white unis to see if that is also the case.

Photo courtesy CTyankee

DSC_6085.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member