Keeping Randy Edsall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Keeping Randy Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We are horrendous. Saying but we aren’t as terrible as last years team doesn’t make horrendous any better.

I expected 2 more wins. 3 more were certainly within reach. We replaced our best offensive weapon (Pindell) with a serviceable if inconsistent passing game. You get that with a freshman 3rd stringer. The defense still stinks but it only stunk some of the time vs all of the time, so yeah, we're better.

Losing players with eligibility remaining hurts depth for sure, and we lost 2-4 potential starters (no one had a guaranteed spot). It was inevitable that guys Edsall didn't recruit would leave early. Anyone that Diaco would like would have a hard time in Edsall-land. It's hardly the end of the world and all the more reason to let Randy fill out his roster. It's not like we haven't seen this movie before. A movie that ends well.

If we are a 3-4 win team next year, then replace him assuming you can find someone better. Good luck with that. I assure you Edsall isn't the problem. The problem is that the program was in complete ruin and is now without a stable conference situation. It needs to get good enough so that you can fire Edsall for a lousy season.

Reaction Score
You guys are clearly wack jobs. Edsall isn’t going anywhere for at least a year and maybe two. Then you can get a read on whether he’s going in the right direction. By right direction, I mean winning seasons...7-6; 8-5; we’re never going to be a lot better than that, maybe an occasional 9-3.

You sound like the clowns on tv that are selling houses. They want $500,000 for their house, in marginal repair, actually worth @ $375,000. They want 4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, move in ready, in THEIR neighborhood, a full acre for $225,000. Then they convince themselves it really exists and get pissed at the realtor because he can’t find it.

Putting a new coach in, that we can’t afford right now, by the way, only means we’ll be pushing to fire him in 2 - 3 years.

so you’re saying that it’s impossible to find someone who can do better than Edsall.

Say that out loud to yourself and then come back to me. Ok buddy?

Reaction Score
Putting a new coach in, that we can’t afford right now, by the way, only means we’ll be pushing to fire him in 2 - 3 years.

Isn't the buyout zero now? How does the financial situation get better?

Reaction Score
It’s hard to believe David Benedict - who’s footprint has been that he makes proactive change when needed - does nothing.

I maintain that YES it was Diaco who sunk us in a deep deep hole. Edsall is a great evaluator of talent - at MOST positions on a Football Team & managing a roster. Edsall game strategy sucked. And .... As with Kevin Ollie, losing 4 solid OLine guys is a significant failure.

I’m thinking you talk to Edsall about Legacy. Keep Spanos. Aim for succession w a Coach in Waiting formula

Reaction Score
it takes time dont you understand. There has been improvement. Coaches won’t come here is we fire him. Players will leave if we fire him.

Am I missing anything?
There has been no improvement from 2016. 3-9 that year, 3-9, 1-11, 2-10 since then. That is unimprovement. Players will not come here if we do not fire him.
Am I missing anything?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This is NOT all Edsall's fault. He is guilty of being a public relations disaster that alienates the fanbase. He might be a tad inflexible too. But there are a ton of guys out there who collected NFL paychecks because of him. He is doing this with one hand tied behind his back. No conference, assistant pool at 1.8M and tight admissions. IF the new administration loosens admissions and gives him even 10 slots for kids that are a stretch, then he will have a chance here. Otherwise the new normal is ugly.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
We’re worse than when he came back.
If we cannot afford to jettison this dinosaur than AD Dave needs to state that. How in the hell do you allow a coach who has lost control of the program and alienated his players And fan base to continue on is ridiculous.
I pay more than 2K for 4 tix in chairbacks and will not be a fool next year. Hear me you ghost, Benedict?

Reaction Score
He had all that NFL talent and yet he still has a career losing record - impressive work indeed.

Reaction Score
This is NOT all Edsall's fault. He is guilty of being a public relations disaster that alienates the fanbase. He might be a tad inflexible too. But there are a ton of guys out there who collected NFL paychecks because of him. He is doing this with one hand tied behind his back. No conference, assistant pool at 1.8M and tight admissions. IF the new administration loosens admissions and gives him even 10 slots for kids that are a stretch, then he will have a chance here. Otherwise the new normal is ugly.
There won’t be anyone left with the transfer portal burning up.

Reaction Score
We need to figure out what we want as a football team. Do we want to be average, while making basketball the top sports? If we do, let's not play FBS...let's drop down to FCS and add lacrosse which is the fastest growing sport...

Myself, I would fight to stay FBS and tell RE to play 2020 version of football, hire an OC and let Spanos coach the Defense. If RE can't let people coach, fire him. I'd tell RE...5 wins or be fired.

Reaction Score
it takes time dont you understand. There has been improvement. Coaches won’t come here is we fire him. Players will leave if we fire him.

Am I missing anything?

Yes you are. Five (5) players have left already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom