Keeping Randy Edsall | The Boneyard

Keeping Randy Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FD1D8A30-60E4-4197-BE9C-6298A3C60DEF.jpeg

Reaction Score
Should Dave Benedict and the new UConn president next week go to meet with Steve Addazio and measure his interest in the post? I assume he would like to move to CT and stay in New England. There really aren't other New England based college football coaching jobs besides UConn and his last employer: BC.

Reaction Score
Boston College was recently ranked 69th of all FBS teams. Not bad.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Lol I mean after we were just savaged on social media not sure how we keep a program...if we keep RE

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The poor man is probably out in Moose Jaw recruiting. And you want to dip into his livelihood? Shame

Reaction Score
Should Dave Benedict and the new UConn president next week go to meet with Steve Addazio and measure his interest in the post? I assume he would like to move to CT and stay in New England. There really aren't other New England based college football coaching jobs besides UConn and his last employer: BC.

Read this and tell me if you still want Addazio. I think he sounds crazier than Edsall.

Reaction Score
I can't believe we are so bad we are considering Addazzio as a replacement. He's marginally better than Edsall at best. The AD needs to open its damn wallet and pay like an FBS program to get assistants thatll actually stay

Reaction Score
Is there a stud coach in Canada that we should consider.
We may have to think out of the box.
This may help with recruiting as well

Reaction Score
Thread Title Sounds like a 30 for 30 documentary title.
Yes it does, and one has to wonder if there will be 30 more absoltely pointless threads on the same topic.
It has been explained in every which way possible on why he will be here next year and possibly beyond. This from the administration, and fans, that understand the situation.
No attack on the OP as I realize there are those that will bang their head on the wall over something until they get a headache. Then there are those that will still keep banging thinking it will go away....

Reaction Score
In my D3 career many years ago, I played for a Marine. He was in the Coughlin, Edsall mold. Honorable, tough, discipled and honest, but not a lot of fun. We, being derelicts, would do our best to get around some of his more opressive rules. Yet, we respected him, hung in there (where else would we go?) and started winning. I learned so much from that experience. If you wanted to play more, then you worked harder and practiced better. You didn't look for someone else to kiss your ring.
I would enjoy playing for someone like Edsall. But maybe that's the problem, I'm old. We weren't better people than today's kids, but our expectations were much different. Coaches were typically hard azzes then. Do today's kids expect their coach to be more personable and fun? The perfect guy would be someone like Diaco but not an idiot. Fire Edsall only if absolutely sure about the next guy. No more mistakes.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
it takes time dont you understand. There has been improvement. Coaches won’t come here is we fire him. Players will leave if we fire him.

Am I missing anything?
Uh "Randy will change Z's throwing motion over the off season?" "Next year RE guys will be upperclassmen? " "Yeah but remember how he handled Jazz?"

That's all I've got.

(FWIW, I doubt UConn makes a change.)

Reaction Score
In my D3 career many years ago, I played for a Marine. He was in the Coughlin, Edsall mold. Honorable, tough, discipled and honest, but not a lot of fun. We, being derelicts, would do our best to get around some of his more opressive rules. Yet, we respected him, hung in there (where else would we go?) and started winning. I learned so much from that experience. If you wanted to play more, then you worked harder and practiced better. You didn't look for someone else to kiss your ring.
I would enjoy playing for someone like Edsall. But maybe that's the problem, I'm old. We weren't better people than today's kids, but our expectations were much different. Coaches were typically hard azzes then. Do today's kids expect their coach to be more personable and fun? The perfect guy would be someone like Diaco but not an idiot. Fire Edsall only if absolutely sure about the next guy. No more mistakes.

I think they have been doing what he asked and they are basically just getting worse. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. Where’s the reward?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Did Zoo suddenly come into $10M and find someone else who would actually take this job? This ain't happening or at least one more year. Like our conference situation, we need to suck it up until we can pass for a FB program. That's all we need from Randy at the moment.

I don't see how anyone can say we are worse than last year.

Reaction Score
Did Zoo suddenly come into $10M and find someone else who would actually take this job? This ain't happening or at least one more year. Like our conference situation, we need to suck it up until we can pass for a FB program. That's all we need from Randy at the moment.

I don't see how anyone can say we are worse than last year.

We are horrendous. Saying but we aren’t as terrible as last years team doesn’t make horrendous any better.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
You guys are clearly wack jobs. Edsall isn’t going anywhere for at least a year and maybe two. Then you can get a read on whether he’s going in the right direction. By right direction, I mean winning seasons...7-6; 8-5; we’re never going to be a lot better than that, maybe an occasional 9-3.

You sound like the clowns on tv that are selling houses. They want $500,000 for their house, in marginal repair, actually worth @ $375,000. They want 4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, move in ready, in THEIR neighborhood, a full acre for $225,000. Then they convince themselves it really exists and get pissed at the realtor because he can’t find it.

Putting a new coach in, that we can’t afford right now, by the way, only means we’ll be pushing to fire him in 2 - 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom