Keep Brimah and Kromah starters rest of year | The Boneyard

Keep Brimah and Kromah starters rest of year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This line up makes the most sense--it gives better balance. I think taking pressure off both Calhoun and Nolan will make them both better players--thus giving us more bench firepower. I don't even think its something we need to think about--its a no brainer.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Or at least until they have their next bad game and we can skewer them on the Yard and demand someone else to start.

Reaction Score
I like keeping Brimah in at the start and Phil responded well so that works. With Lasan it seems like he's a typical 6th man…….you may take away how comfortable he is coming in the game right now and doing his thing if you start him. Maybe the pressure of starting him backfires? I kind of like him coming off the bench but think Giffey should get the nod in the line up because he's done it all here!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It seems to most fans that the feeling is Omar should be coming off the bench. Starting Giffey or Kromah makes more sense at this time. Maybe the pressure of starting combined with his string of poor performances hurt Calhoun's confidence? I'll be really curious to see how Ollie manages that going forward. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with starting Kromah or Giffey and Brimah over Calhoun and Nolan.

Reaction Score
We get fourth outfielder syndrome sometimes where we fall in love with a guy who has a 3-for-4 day at the plate. I'd be for a change - more due to Omar's ongoing struggles than anything else. Kromah looked good in a helter-skelter game against a team with no rim protectors. Good matchup for him, and we'll probably have similar favorable matchups for him later in the season too. We'll need a confident Omar again for when we need to deal with zones and for better floor spacing.

Reaction Score
This line up makes the most sense--it gives better balance. I think taking pressure off both Calhoun and Nolan will make them both better players--thus giving us more bench firepower. I don't even think its something we need to think about--its a no brainer.

Why do these guys get the Supreme Court treatment and the rest of the players have to earn their spots?

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. Start Brimah for now and Kromah off bench. Omar still offers most upside.

I like keeping Brimah in at the start and Phil responded well so that works. With Lasan it seems like he's a typical 6th man…….you may take away how comfortable he is coming in the game right now and doing his thing if you start him. Maybe the pressure of starting him backfires? I kind of like him coming off the bench but think Giffey should get the nod in the line up because he's done it all here!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is irrelevant, because it's about minutes and important minutes.

I dislike starting Brimah because he is foul prone. I'd keep Nolan or start Olander then bring in Brimah once you know how the game is being called.

Reaction Score
This is irrelevant, because it's about minutes and important minutes.

I dislike starting Brimah because he is foul prone. I'd keep Nolan or start Olander then bring in Brimah once you know how the game is being called.

Agree with your first sentence.

However, I think starting Brimah does two things. First and most important, it set the bar for energy. The other centers need to play with the enthusiasm that AB does. Second, it teaches him how to play a little smarter. He knows he will come out if he fouls and stay in if he doesn't. It makes him pay more attention to foulng which should make him a better player.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd prefer not to energy into early foul trouble. The range of play from the 5 spot isn't significant enough to waste the one positive you get from that position (Brimah's shot blocking) 4 minutes into the game.

The change that should be made is to start Giffey for Omar. NG is just more valuable all around right now and outshooting him to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom