Keep an eye out for Gabby Williams | The Boneyard

Keep an eye out for Gabby Williams

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
She's still beneath the radar.
Not for long.

Last night...6 for 10...4 for 5 from 3!
What's this? Weren't there whole seasons she didn't attempt 5 three-pointers?
I noted it from Europe, she's becoming a scorer, along with the other positive aspects of her game,
add scoring and you have all-star potential.

Watch this space....the only blemish last night was 6 turnovers.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm so excited for some of the "other" UCONN stars who are shining this season. Of course we expected great things from Bird, Taurasi, Stewie, Pheesa, etc...

But seeing Hartley, Williams, Stokes, Stevens, Dangerfield, Jefferson, Samuelson, etc. grow, shine, etc. in different ways is really fun to see! It's almost impossible to turn on a WNBA game and NOT see a former UCONN player out on the court contributing!

Reaction Score
Yeah it seems like Gabby is starting to put everything together and playing with confidence. We all know that she can play, especially at the WNBA level. I think that she is starting to believe in herself and just going out there and playing with confidence. Pretty excited for Gabby.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I found a Euro-League highlight reel...the first few minutes are her patented quickness to the hoop...that we've seen

But patience, the last bit is her new, comfort zone, outside shot.
The complete package is almost Maya-esque, n'est-pas?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I found a Euro-League highlight reel...the first few minutes are her patented quickness to the hoop...that we've seen

Gabby plays much better in tights. :)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm so excited for some of the "other" UCONN stars who are shining this season. Of course we expected great things from Bird, Taurasi, Stewie, Pheesa, etc...

But seeing Hartley, Williams, Stokes, Stevens, Dangerfield, Jefferson, Samuelson, etc. grow, shine, etc. in different ways is really fun to see! It's almost impossible to turn on a WNBA game and NOT see a former UCONN player out on the court contributing!

It may just be me but every-time i see or hear Stevens and UCONN i have to stop and think, WHO? I still associate her with Duke.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It's really good to see the "no hesitation" she has now to pull the trigger on a jump shot
I always felt Gabby was a pretty good shooter when she just caught the ball, squared up and let it fly. Whenever she had time to think it over, she invariably threw up a brick from outside.

Reaction Score

Gabby's quick moves to the hoop have always reminded me of Tommy Heinsohn's slashing drives to the basket for the old 60's Celtics teams. Yes, I'm that old. :D:D:D

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Gabby's quick moves to the hoop have always reminded me of Tommy Heinsohn's slashing drives to the basket for the old 60's Celtics teams. Yes, I'm that old. :D:D:D

That's not old: :)
I have distinct memories of having my ear next to the radio and hearing the Celtics of Cousy, Sharman, and Easy Ed, run roughshod over my Knicks of Sweetwater Clifton, the McGuire bros and Harry (the horse) Gallatin.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Especially seeing that she’s a center in the pros anyways, she could have definitely used another year to work on her post game under CD.

She likes the 3pt shot too much and she is quite good at it. We might as well get used to top players declaring early. Not too many Sabrina's left who really burn for a NC.

Reaction Score
“We might as well get used to top players declaring early. Not too many Sabrina's left who really burn for a NC.”
That’s an opinion, not a fact. You have no way of knowing what these athletes “burn” for.

Reaction Score

Agree! And I know I might take heat for this as we've discussed this extensively, but how on earth did we not win the 2018 NC? !#%%&% Arike.

Reaction Score
Agree! And I know I might take heat for this as we've discussed this extensively, but how on earth did we not win the 2018 NC? !#%%&% Arike.

Yea that one kills me......just kills me

Reaction Score
That's not old: :)
I have distinct memories of having my ear next to the radio and hearing the Celtics of Cousy, Sharman, and Easy Ed, run roughshod over my Knicks of Sweetwater Clifton, the McGuire bros and Harry (the horse) Gallatin.
don't forget Vinnie Boryla and Carl Braun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom