KC Star: Both MU and Big XII could have done more to prevent departure. | The Boneyard

KC Star: Both MU and Big XII could have done more to prevent departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
A disgruntled KC reporter takes out his frustrations on both MU and the Big XII.

Yeah, case in point on both sides, but what caught my eye was IMO an unncessary cheap shot at Louisville (inadvertant or not). Is not as if MU was in any running for the Capital One Director's Cup.

MU is letting the emotion of the moment dictate what should be a long-term decision. The Big 12 is letting relatively minor details push away a fourth school in less than two years — one-third of a once-powerful league — and force the eventual embracing of third-tier athletic programs such as Louisville.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/19/3218067/both-mu-and-big-12-could-have.html#ixzz1bKUyQej5

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Good article. I wonder if sometime in the future a bunch of guys are going to look back and ponder, "What were we thinking?"

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Wow.

Kinda makes you shudder to think what UofL and/or WVU could be walking into if they joined that situation...

Reaction Score
Wow.

Kinda makes you shudder to think what UofL and/or WVU could be walking into if they joined that situation...

They are looking at six years of stability with a lot of money. Which is, unfortunately, more than they get by staying in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Obviously, the BE is the most unstable BCS Conference, but whose to say that either the ACC or the Big 12 isn't the next to destabilize? There is so much uncertainty now, and I think that this is just the first round. If the Big 12 picks up "Ville, WVU and Cincy does anyone believe after the newness wears off that people are going to be happy with the outcome? To go from Nebraska, aTm, MU, and CO to this? It just doesn't make sense. The people in charge haven't really thought this through. This seems like a senseless frenzy. That's just my opinion, which is pretty meaningless in the state of things. I just wish that cooler heads would prevail before the next volley!

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The thing that gets me about big time college FB is that when a playoff system gets brought up they counter with tradition and yet all this conference stuff goes against tradition.

Tradition means nothing. It's all about money.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wow.

First, they'd be running, not walking.

Second, they'd be running into a much more stable situation than they are currently in.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
It didn't really address the hard feelings of Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and LSU trying to work a deal with either the PAC-12 or SEC or ACC two years in a row.. Not good I tell you. Screw me once, shame on you....screw me a third time and its forever and I have no one to blame.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
As far as the B12 goes ,after adding WVU an ACC raid is most likely. They
won't say that in public

I see two options for them: BYU and Lousville or an ACC raid. :

After that it gets ugly:
Boise instead of Lousiville or BYU?

And the improbable
UCF/USF to capture Florida?
Tulane and Cincy and Southern Miss are non-starters.
NYC (UConn/Rutgers)
More Texas Christian schools to keep Baylor and TCU company?
Hawaii and Nevada?
San Diego and Fresno?

or 1o is a good number.

I've got BYU, Lousiville, and Boise as the only possible choices if an ACC raid fails and they moght not act on that until next year.

Reaction Score
As far as the B12 goes ,after adding WVU an ACC raid is most likely. They
won't say that in public

I see two options for them: BYU and Lousville or an ACC raid. :

After that it gets ugly:
Boise instead of Lousiville or BYU?

And the improbable
UCF/USF to capture Florida?
Tulane and Cincy and Southern Miss are non-starters.
NYC (UConn/Rutgers)
More Texas Christian schools to keep Baylor and TCU company?
Hawaii and Nevada?
San Diego and Fresno?

or 1o is a good number.

I've got BYU, Lousiville, and Boise as the only possible choices if an ACC raid fails and they moght not act on that until next year.

I will bite. What makes you think there is a single ACC school that would leave for the Big XII?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom