Kaylee Page Leaving Nebraska | The Boneyard

Kaylee Page Leaving Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And her little sister, who also was on the way to play ball at Nebraska, was released from her scholarship as well?

Coach Yori: "We understand that young people will go through some tough times in their growth toward maturity. The transition into college is often difficult for student-athletes and their parents."

"...and their parents." ?? Doesn't sound like a happy situation...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Bummer for them. Yori has built a really solid program there. Better than some much higher profile coaches like Coale, at least over the pats 4-5 years...

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Yori has done a great job.

No program is immune to transfers as we well know. Sometimes its just not a good fit.

Reaction Score
Bummer for them. Yori has built a really solid program there. Better than some much higher profile coaches like Coale, at least over the pats 4-5 years...

Kind of tough on Sherri, aren't you Eric? :oops:

Sooners got to the 2009 and 2010 final fours and played for the national championship in 2002 under
coach Coale.

Coach Yori has a solid program, but she hasn't sniffed a final four yet.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kind of tough on Sherri, aren't you Eric? :oops:

Sooners got to the 2010 final four and played for the national championship in 2002 under
coach Coale.

Coach Yori has a solid program, but she hasn't sniffed a final four yet.
I did not recall them making the 2010 final 4. I"m just going from my impressions lately - you don't hear much about Oklahoma, and Nebraska has been ranked in the top 25 a lot more lately than OK it seems. Plus looking at the future - recruiting - in 2015 Nebraska landed top 10 kid Shephard. Either way, nice job by Yori.

Reaction Score
Wow that's the 3rd top-100 player to leave before Xmas!
USC, UConn, nebraska

Reaction Score
Sometimes player, HS and AAU coaches and parents overestimate their ability to play at this level. Or sometimes its just the culture is too different...........Coaches need to level with these players early and this is what happens......Everybody needs to be happy...........

Reaction Score

Coach Yori has done an outstanding job to be sure, but to conclude that she has done a better job than Coale at Oklahoma is a stretch. I agree with edfourourgirls. Oklahoma got back to the Final Four the season after the Paris twins departed. One would be hard pressed to name a single ballplayer from that 2010 team much less the star of that team; An incredible accomplishment. I have no way of knowing exactly how much influence Coach Auriemma had in Coale landing the Oklahoma job, but it is fair to say that she never gets the job if Coach Auriemma does not recruit Stacey Hansmeyer.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yeah, even though Yori's team has done better in the regular season for the last three years than Coale's teams, they are both 3-3 in the tourney, and Nebraska generally takes a dive after mid March. And in the three years before that, OK always finished ahead in the USA Today poll and went 10-3 in the tourney to Nebraska's 2-1 off of the Cornhuskers' one appearance as a #1 seed, though it was OK that won that regional to get to the FF.

So it is a stretch to say that Yori's 5-4 NCAA record during the last six years is better than Coale's 13-6 record and of course six tourney appearances. OK has definitely slipped back some though in the last three years.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma got back to the Final Four the season after the Paris twins departed. One would be hard pressed to name a single ballplayer from that 2010 team much less the star of that team;

Danielle Robinson, now one of the best point guards in the WNBA. She was a sophomore when the Paris twins were seniors.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Coach Yori has done an outstanding job to be sure, but to conclude that she has done a better job than Coale at Oklahoma is a stretch. I agree with edfourourgirls. Oklahoma got back to the Final Four the season after the Paris twins departed. One would be hard pressed to name a single ballplayer from that 2010 team much less the star of that team; An incredible accomplishment. I have no way of knowing exactly how much influence Coach Auriemma had in Coale landing the Oklahoma job, but it is fair to say that she never gets the job if Coach Auriemma does not recruit Stacey Hansmeyer.
I was talking currently and recently. Not ancient history.

Reaction Score
I was talking currently and recently. Not ancient history.

Past 4-5 years; Completely understood; The Parris twins senior year to the present. I probably should started a separate paragraph to discuss Coach Auriemma's role in Coach Coale's career.

Reaction Score
Sometimes player, HS and AAU coaches and parents overestimate their ability to play at this level. Or sometimes its just the culture is too different......Coaches need to level with these players early and this is what happens.Everybody needs to be happy......
Lincoln, Nebraska is out in the middle of nowhere...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Past 4-5 years; Completely understood; The Parris twins senior year to the present. I probably should started a separate paragraph to discuss Coach Auriemma's role in Coach Coale's career.
LOL that would be good. Still, I did forget Oklahoma made the final 4 a few years back. Again, it was just my impression, not based on facts as I did not research it... :)

Reaction Score
Danielle Robinson, now one of the best point guards in the WNBA. She was a sophomore when the Paris twins were seniors.

It took a while for me to remember Ms Robinson, an outstanding ballplayer at Oklahoma. Abi Olajuwon's name popped into my head, as did Whitney Hand who may have been injured in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom