Kawhi Leonard Vs Kemba Walker & Jeremy Lamb Duel | The Boneyard

Kawhi Leonard Vs Kemba Walker & Jeremy Lamb Duel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Still didn't realize how good Leonard was going to be while watching that game. A testament to his hard work to become the player he is now.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I couldn't help but laugh when I heard Verne say the name "Olander" at this beginning of this video.

Reaction Score
@mauconnfan He was a really good passer and skilled offensively... but he was a bit overly aggressive . interestingly enough the last technical foul he's gotten was the 1 vs AO ; none in the nba.

Reaction Score
Still didn't realize how good Leonard was going to be while watching that game. A testament to his hard work to become the player he is now.
I said the same thing then after watching the replay its evident he was one of the best players on the floor. He carried that team, seemingly with marginal talent. I think we tend to focus on our players so much during games, especially Tourney time, we don't appreciate opposing stars (the silent ones).

Actually he seems to have the personality of Lamb, but with an inner beast.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
What a game this was. Kemba's "flop" ignited our run and J.Lamb rose to the occasion down the stretch in a hostile environment.

Once we won this game, you just had that feeling that we would not be denied.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Watched that game recently and another Husky who played very well was Alex O. It's fun now to see Bazz play as a freshman (although he often drove me crazy at the time). So inconsistent but big cojones.

Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed to admit that I forgot how d-mn good Kemba was. Great reminder.
I did remember - oddly - that Kawhi was awesome in that game, and could do a bit of everything.
Also, a great reminder of how absolutely crucial Lamb was. His 3 on the kickout from Oriakhi with a few minutes left is a perfect representation of his role in '11 - just hit huge shot after huge shot.

I don't remember exactly when, but at some point later in the '11 season Lamb had a light go on, and the guy just started becoming money on open shots, hitting seemingly every floater he took, and otherwise offering a second very dangerous scorer after Kemba.

I remember having the distinct thought at some point during that never-gonna-be-repeated 5 game BET run that, "man, we are really good." Will always have HUGE positive memories of the role Lamb played in NC3.

Reaction Score
Watched that game recently and another Husky who played very well was Alex O.
Yes, true, and, notwithstanding the negative feelings on the BY about his poor handling of his departure, I'll always have good feelings about his contribution to NC3.

That said, did you notice in the highlights when he did the classic AO, spin, half hook, throw that off the glass like the intent was to break it? Had me LOL!

Reaction Score
Kawhi getting t'd up is hilarious. I totally forgot about this, and thank God it happened because we didn't have an answer. He is the most nonchalant NBA players I have ever seen.

yDj3wv6.jpg

Reaction Score
I remember SDSU fans coming in and raving about Kawhi and most of were pretty dismissive. The other notable one was before the 09 final four vs MSU and their fans asked us who would guard Draymond Green. I remember saying, "who?" Green didn't exactly kill us, but I remember saying this dude can play. On the other side, the Bucknell fans coming in and telling us that Bryan Cohen would totally shut down Kemba. Oops.

Reaction Score
I was at the SDSU game with my dad. That first day we were high fiving with Arizona fans during the AZ and Uconn wins. The next day it was as if we didn't exist!

Reaction Score
The play at the 8:11 mark where Bazz gives it back to Lamb on the break still gives me a warm feeling when i see it. Love that play.

Reaction Score
Wasn't the rumor that Oriakhi said something pretty nasty (about his mother, I think) to set Kawhi off? If it's true that he's never been T'd up in the NBA - and I'd bet it is - then that seems to lend some credence to that story. Great game.

Reaction Score
Wasn't the rumor that Oriakhi said something pretty nasty (about his mother, I think) to set Kawhi off? If it's true that he's never been T'd up in the NBA - and I'd bet it is - then that seems to lend some credence to that story. Great game.

Shows the level of competetiveness and grit the kids in storrs gained under the staff. That sdsu team could have easily won the title. Thankfully walker summoned some strange spirit that allowed him to lay waste to the best defense in the country during the second half. Franklin didn't know what he was doing when he tried get in a Calhoun disciples head.

Interestingly enough, either kawhi wasn't in good enough shape to guard kemba , or he simply hadnt reached that ability yet in his development ( pre foul trouble he wasn't the main assignment on walker , he was focused on scoe) . It's apparent how much kl worked on his body when he got to SAS , you can attribute that to "frame" in scouting terms. Became leaner and quicker but kept his physical gifts like broad shoulders // big hands// wingspan... Leading to his development from a lithe pf to legit NBA wing

Reaction Score
Kemba was a beast in this game, he was also a beast the round before against Cincy.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Kemba was a beast in this game, he was also a beast the round before against Cincy.

I've started watching the Arizona game and UConn got behind early and were having a lot of trouble getting good shots. Kemba decided it was time for him to take over and he started driving and drawing fouls to change the momentum and UConn went on a nice run to get the lead. It was pure will by Kemba to get UConn going. Bazz also hit a big 3 that helped shift the change. Fun to watch when you know the outcome. Interesting to see that Calhoun had Chuck on Williams a good deal from fairly early on in the game. He had started Olander who did well early on him and switched players. He was another opposing star that our guys were able to get into early foul trouble that really changed his effectiveness (kinda like Kawhi).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
SDSU was the best team we played in that NCAAT and Leonard clearly the best player (even though they had a lot of talent). Great find and a great memory.

Think so? I would have said Arizona hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom