Katie Lou | The Boneyard

Katie Lou

Reaction Score
Did Katie Lou look tired in tonights game vs USF? I noticed she had a couple air balls and short shots.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Did Katie Lou look tired in tonights game vs USF? I noticed she had a couple air balls and short shots.
I think getting the cr*p beaten out of her, again, took it's toll. She got whacked in the face, again, early on and got plowed into a couple of times too. Oh, and no fouls were called for any of these. Head bang

Reaction Score
Was it Lou that Geno said (in the post game interview) has been sick for a couple weeks?

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
My impression has been that her free throw percentage goes south in the 4th quarter, and that most of her short shots and airballs occur in the 4th as well. Are there statistics for that? For the South Florida game in particular the press required a lot of energy, no?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Jesperson got tangled with KLS late in the 3rd Qtr and after the foul was actually called, Lou was rubbing her elbow/arm and then after that she came up short on a few shots. I am not a fan of this USF team and want to see UCF beat them.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
USF was pushing and fouling KLS the whole game, but the refs must have been looking the other way. They finally called a foul on Jesperson late in the 3rd quarter because she threw KLS to the floor trying to get to the ball. What pisses me off is on at least 4 of the fouls called on UConn were flops by USF, and they called Lou for blocking when she was actually positioned and charged into.

Reaction Score
We really are spoiled.... I suspect it was a bit of USF having a "Defensive plan" (to beat Lou silly... but sticks are not legal in basketball), Lou having an "off night"... only 14 points... and Lou being called for some "in the neighborhood" fouls. Add in the emotion of Kia and Gabby's last night, and she just wasn't completely on point. Momentary interruption of her excellence... we'll see her back at normal output in the Tournament!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
One has to remember that the likelihood of the team as a whole being tired was substantial...consider arriving back in Hartford (not Storrs), well past midnight
on Sunday morning.

Not surprising that a little fatigue showed.

Reaction Score
After she was mugged, her right arm was noticeably limp along her side, perhaps after being struck on the funny bone. Her next two shots were short with little strength; at that point, Geno took her out of the game.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I thought she was having ankle issues at the beginning of the second half; she seemed slow on her feet and favoring one leg over the other. But when she came to the bench, she did not see any kind of treatment for it, so I'm not sure about that.

Reaction Score
They will have about 10 days between tournaments for some rest.

Reaction Score
They will have about 10 days between tournaments for some rest.

They will have more than that. The AAC final is on 3/6 and the first day of the NCAA tournament is 3/23.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I believe the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament are on the weekend of March 16-19. So the rest period for UConn would only be about 10 days.

Reaction Score
Not sure how they will fit two rounds in on the 23rd before I see the sweet 16 in Albany on the 24th. going to be a busy couple of days:rolleyes:

You're right. I looked at the regional start date by mistake.

Reaction Score
USF was pushing and fouling KLS the whole game, but the refs must have been looking the other way. They finally called a foul on Jesperson late in the 3rd quarter because she threw KLS to the floor trying to get to the ball. What pisses me off is on at least 4 of the fouls called on UConn were flops by USF, and they called Lou for blocking when she was actually positioned and charged into.
USF has been the most flopping team I have seen over the years ...they are also the team that beat on Stewie every game.

Reaction Score
I personally did not like the way Geno sided with the officials earlier in the season. The NCAA has established a " double standard " in regard to officiating husky games. Lately, he has been noticeably discussing calls with the officials. It's about time !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom