Katie-Lou Video | The Boneyard

Katie-Lou Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://passthaball.com/2014/10/14/katie-lou-the-wettest-stroke-in-the-game/

Can't wait to see Katie-Lou and Stewie on the floor at the same time. Next year's team just might be better then this years team.

Wow. She never misses ! On a more serious note, it was good to see her post inside and use her left hand. Thanks for posting the video.
It will be great to see Stewie and Lou on the floor at the same time. I hope they'll be able to squeeze Collier in there someplace too.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I like the way she doesn't shy away from contact under the basket. Indeed, she seems to look for it for an 'and one'.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Ironic, the website is passtheball.com. All Katy Lou does is shoot....

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
A little Larry Bird in there.and a little better looking.

I still see Sveta in her play more than anyone else. Though I'll grant you her spot-up looks just like Larry's.

The way she finishes through contact, she's stronger than she looks. (Just like Sveta ;^)

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
She's more athletic than I thought she was, I knew the shot was pure, not as pure as Courtney Ekmark though, but pure nonetheless. No fear in the post is really impressive.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I still see Sveta in her play more than anyone else. Though I'll grant you her spot-up looks just like Larry's.

The way she finishes through contact, she's stronger than she looks. (Just like Sveta ;^)
Sveta was so smooth - more guard skills that Lou I think.

Reaction Score
Watching her in these highlights increases the speculation that her game was severely hampered by illness and injury this summer for the U17 worlds and the 3x3 tournament. She didn't show that kind of mobility. Now I totally understand why she is the number one rated player.

Reaction Score
She's more athletic than I thought she was, I knew the shot was pure, not as pure as Courtney Ekmark though, but pure nonetheless. No fear in the post is really impressive.

If Courtney's shot is anywhere near as sweet as Lou's, WOW! GA may have found Moriah's running mate.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow. She never misses ! On a more serious note, it was good to see her post inside and use her left hand. Thanks for posting the video.
It will be great to see Stewie and Lou on the floor at the same time. I hope they'll be able to squeeze Collier in there someplace too.

Very good observation regarding the left hand. Increased finesse with the left will allow her more effectiveness (including and 1s) from the left inside. I'd say I'm stoked for next year( Well hello Katie Lou, Good Bye heart...) but the stoked meter is off the chart for this year!

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
If Courtney's shot is anywhere near as sweet as Lou's, WOW! GA may have found Moriah's running mate.

Courtney is widely regarded as the best pure shooter in her class. Having seen one of her AZ high school championship games on TV, I can easily believe it.

Reaction Score
Would like to have seen some of her defensive skills.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I can hear it now... LOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooouuuu! Hehe, gonna be fun!

Reaction Score
Potential. Potential. Potential. All these posted videos are made to (re)present the player in the best light possible. She is a shooter- no question. And she was injured this summer. However, she was not the best or near best (U.S & Others) on the courts this summer. I was very surprise about her defense, ball-handling and ability to get her own shots. I was a lot more impressed with those from her incoming Uconn class and the two Texans in the next class- as seen from real games (not posted videos).
BUT LET ME BE CLEAR. SHE IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER. SHE IS STILL GROWING INTO HER BODY AND THAT ACCOUNTS FOR A LOT OF THINGS (SPEED, ETC). BUT THESE VIDEOS ARE DECEPTIVE AND DO NOT MEASURE ACTUAL SKILL SETS.

TALKS ABOUT STEWIE AND HER ON THE COURT TOGETHER ARE FANTASY. SOMETIMES WE FORGET THAT MORE THEN HALF THE PLAYERS ON ANY HS TEAM IS THERE FOR MORTION SAKE- NOT BASKETBALL TALENT. SO THE FEW GOOD PLAYERS REALLY LOOK GOOD RUNNING UP AND DOWN THE COURT AGAINST STATIONARY PLAYERS.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Lol you mean like the Texan who she took to the basket in the video, Holmes.

You clearly have not seen her play. Out of the players I have seen she is up there with the highest IQs and the parts of her game that are not shown in videos are her court vision and passing.

Reaction Score
...However, she was not the best or near best (U.S & Others) on the courts this summer...

Lead team in scoring and made All-Tournament team at the U17 FIBA World Championship... she was one of the best players on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom