Katie Lou Samuelson added to USA Basketball’s roster for Monday’s UConn exhibition | The Boneyard

Katie Lou Samuelson added to USA Basketball’s roster for Monday’s UConn exhibition

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By ALEXA PHILIPPOU HARTFORD COURANT | JAN 21, 2020

The U.S. women’s national team now has enough former UConn players on its roster for its exhibition against the Huskies to comprise an entire lineup. USA Basketball announced Tuesday that Katie Lou Samuelson has been added to its roster for both upcoming exhibition games against UConn, Samuelson’s alma mater, and Louisville.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
also at the end of the story,

Samuelson, along with the Washington Mystics’ Ariel Atkins and the Indiana Fever’s Tiffany Mitchell, will also compete for the U.S. in February’s FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Serbia. They will replace Diamond DeShields and Diana Taurasi, who are now unable to join the team in Europe.

So happy Lou is physically back. Expect her to have good performances.

At the same time, not sure if Diana has enough left in the tank. It is painful to see her play at a level far below what she had in her prime. Maybe being replaced is her way of recharging but I hope she can honestly assess her performance and not try to hang on if she cant dominate.

Reaction Score
Is Lou participating in any UConn practices? Watching the Colorado-Utah game I saw former CU point guard Kennedy Leonard, home from playing pro ball in Germany, interviewed. She said rules—NCAA I presume—allowed her one practice a month with her old team

Reaction Score
Is Lou participating in any UConn practices? Watching the Colorado-Utah game I saw former CU point guard Kennedy Leonard, home from playing pro ball in Germany, interviewed. She said rules—NCAA I presume—allowed her one practice a month with her old team

I believe there was a video on twitter a little bit ago, showing her practicing with the team, not sure though how many times she has practiced with them since then.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I LOVE this. Lou had a less than stellar rookie campaign, but she was not 100% healthy. She played for Team USA in 2019 in the Americup and played well. I think a healthy Lou has a great shot at making elite USA National teams in the future and I'm glad she's part of the Team USA vs. UCONN game.

Reaction Score
I LOVE this. Lou had a less than stellar rookie campaign, but she was not 100% healthy. She played for Team USA in 2019 in the Americup and played well. I think a healthy Lou has a great shot at making elite USA National teams in the future and I'm glad she's part of the Team USA vs. UCONN game.
Wish Lou was in Seattle, she would fit in well with their style of play.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Don't forget that the team playing UConn and Louisville and the team going to Serbia, is not the final USAWNT team that is going to Japan, There will be changes. Many players are not available to play now, as they are under contract to foreign teams, or have injuries or other commitments.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I can't imagine there would be room for both KML and KLS in Seattle, so UConn fans would have to pick one to kick to the curb.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom