Katie Lou Is Clutch In Playoffs | The Boneyard

Katie Lou Is Clutch In Playoffs

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
They are a great one-two punch. Both have been outstanding all year.

By my count Perfumerias Avenida is overall 46-4 this year, second place in Euroleague, and play Valencia at home on May 6, rubber game best of three, winner takes the Spanish league title. The teams are incredibly evenly matched, always a one or two point difference, often overtime.

This has been an experience that Lou needed, being a go to player on an outstanding, well coached pro team that plays like a team. I am sure that playing with Karlie has also been a huge plus. From what little I have seen, she has upped her game in many areas including defense. The WNBA is in for a surprise, she will be a different player in a Seattle uniform.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
There was almost some "action" in the game, between Lou and Trahan Davis on Valencia. Lou gets under her skin and she started screaming some choice words at Lou. Trahan-Davis got a Technical and so did Tif. I didnt see what Tif did as the camera was on another Avenida player who stepped between her and Lou. Trahan -Davis is the player that Lou scored the late 3 pointer over. Bittersweet basket, I guess.

Trahan-Davis is 35 and played D2 college ball at Elizabeth City State Univ.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
By the way, Lou was the 3rd option off the inbound.
Tif was to run around Lou's screen in the low key and get an easy open. However, the Valencia player who was guarding her didnt follow her around Lou, she went back to the original spot where Tif started.
Option 2 was to get the ball to the shooting guard #4 who started at the top of the key. She ran by screen set by #22 on Avenida. However, the Valenica players did a good switch so #4 wouldnt be open.

Good coaching by both teams, to have 3 options on the inbound, and on defense to not bite on the screens and call out the switch offs.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
But based on the Stats, Tiffany was the top performer

Tif was the MVP for game 2

Since I dont know if the above link will translate to English here is part of it.

This is confirmed by the numbers since the outside of the azulón team went from the 11 valuation goals with which it had closed the third quarter to the 21 with which it managed to proclaim itself as MVP of the second round after a match in which no other player had a more decisive weight.

Because his 12 points (2/2 TL and 5/9 T2), 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 recoveries and 4 received fouls were well worth a first win at La Fonteta ( 74-76 ) with which to bring home a final in which they can fight for the title with the home court factor in their favor next Thursday.

And you know that Tiffany Hayes is motivated by these kinds of games in a special way…

Word of MVP: "We stayed together and that makes us have positive feelings"

His face reflected in the hours after the match reflected the joy of a squad that returned home already fantasizing about the possibility of being able to fight for the title in front of their fans.

This was still recognized by a Tiffany Hayes from the return bus who was really satisfied with the work done at the Fonteta with her teammates: "I think it was a really tough game once again, like all of us who have played against Valencia Basket this season. This time the key was that we always stayed united and that we played at all times as a real team should do . "

A duel in which she reached an MVP that, however, did not make her feel entirely satisfied given her high degree of self-demand: "Thinking about it coldly, I think they could have been a little better and have helped make things a little easier. , but I am always very demanding with myself and I try to force myself to be even above 100%. Today winning was the most important thing so I prefer to stay with that and with that I will have a new opportunity next Thursday to try to redeem myself " .

Because that is when his team can fight for the title in a match that already excites the Azulona squad: "I have very positive feelings and I think we can win the game and the title if we play together and if we play a serious game. This Monday we will return already at work and this second game will have to be left behind definitively to focus on that great objective that is going to be Thursday's game . "

A game for which they perfectly know the way forward: "The previous games have taught us that, against this rival, there is no other key than defense. If we continue working down that path and remain united, I believe that the match It will be much easier for us and we can be closer to the title . "

Reaction Score
Tiffany had a great game after struggling in recent games but Lou still led scoring. What is remarkable is that these two teams have played four extremely tight games. Indeed, they are tied in total points over four games.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Spanish League Finals

Avenida 76
Valencia 61

Lou had 11 points and 7 rebounds and one giant block.
Tif had 7 pts and 7 assists.

Lou just got the MVP Award.

Bella Alarie was a beast today with 14 points.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Now rush back to Seattle and compare trophy sizes with Stewie

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Great for them!

So ends a marathon season that began way back in October. I think they went 35-2 overall in the Spanish League, including playoffs, and both losses to Valencia were in overtime.

Plus an admirable second place finish in the Euroleague, 9-1 there.

And 1-1 in the Queen`s Cup, yet another overtime loss (to Girona).

The rosters on these European teams turn over quite a bit from year to year but I hope the core of this team comes back largely intact to defend their title. And the coach as well. Lou and Karlie will play together somewhere next year, I am quite sure.

Now, onto Seattle for Lou. Their first regular season game is May 15. It will be exciting to see her on the floor with Stewie and Sue Bird. And Tiffany is back with the Atlanta Dream, who open against the Sun on May 14.

No rest for those guys. Tiffany tweaked her knee late in the season but she played very well in the playoffs, so she should be ok. But it is a grind for these women who essentially play all year round.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great for them!

So ends a marathon season that began way back in October. I think they went 35-2 overall in the Spanish League, including playoffs, and both losses to Valencia were in overtime.

The rosters on these European teams turn over quite a bit from year to year but I hope the core of this team comes back largely intact to defend their title. And the coach as well. Lou and Karlie will play together somewhere next year, I am quite sure.

Now, onto Seattle for Lou. Their first regular season game is May 15. It will be exciting to see her on the floor with Stewie and Sue Bird. And Tiffany is back with the Atlanta Dream, who open against the Sun on May 14.

No rest for those guys. Tiffany tweaked her knee late in the season but she played very well in the playoffs, so she should be ok. But it is a grind for these women who essentially play all year round.

Just a wild guess--but I think Sue Bird can find Lou for an open three!

Reaction Score
Great for them!

When they went into the third and final game they were tied in total points scored against each other.

Reaction Score
I saw somewhere that Lou’s boyfriend, like her, earned MVP honors, his coming in the NBA G League. How they find time to see each other is the real mystery.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I saw somewhere that Lou’s boyfriend, like her, earned MVP honors, his coming in the NBA G League. How they find time to see each other is the real mystery.
Since he is a Princeton grad I am sure they figured out how to do it. He was at a couple of games, in Spain, back in December I think, before the G League was running, or maybe during a Holiday break. He is recovering from a bad injury to his ankle/leg, but heard he is doing well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom