Katie Lou Interview | The Boneyard

Katie Lou Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone recall the name of the interview where they ask Katie Lou to choose: pizza or hamburger, Geno or CD? I couldn't find it listed under her name.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
that's why titles are important and good stuff deserve it's own thread and shouldn't be buried in other threads

Reaction Score
Well.... "I am a guard..." That's how Lou self-identifies. So if the team starts Kia at point and Lou at 2 next fall (before Crystal works in), let's not be too surprised. And with muscle coming in the following year, I do see Lou as a Magic Johnson-like 2 eventually.

Most of the kids pick CD by the way. Reverse psychology. Geno sounds like sucking up to the boss; picking CD sounds cool and feminist and because she has more to do with the kids on a "daily" (groan!) basis.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Well.... "I am a guard..." That's how Lou self-identifies. So if the team starts Kia at point and Lou at 2 next fall (before Crystal works in), let's not be too surprised.

Rarely do players call themselves wings which is basically what she is. Remember that even when she started this past season both Jefferson and Nurse started alongside. I don't think her defending 2-guards would be a good idea though she could probably play the position offensively.

Reaction Score
Rarely do players call themselves wings which is basically what she is. Remember that even when she started this past season both Jefferson and Nurse started alongside. I don't think her defending 2-guards would be a good idea though she could probably play the position offensively.
Good call on the defense. She's oversized that way, but not ultra-quick.

Reaction Score
I disagree I think at this point she probably repeats what the coaches have said ie she practices with the guards for example. She definitely guarded both 2 and 1s as they were able to switch with their lineup which is why other schools had problems playing them and from the game notes she led the team in charges taken which were on some of those players.

Reaction Score
Thank you, Sluconn Husky. I've seen the word wing used on ESPN HoopGurlz as a description for what position a player is; however, I have never ever heard an announcer when introducing the starting lineup or a player use the word wing. Not once ever. Also, thank you for posting the video. Much appreciated.

Reaction Score
Of course, she can play the 2 on offense but guard a 3 on defense....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom